Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10.5 Upper

Feedback Score

Cool 10.5 Upper

I want too put together a 10.5. Should I use Noveske upper or is there another upper you recomend I should look at? Plus which lower would you guys suggest? I've looked at the BCM complete lower?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For a 10.5" I would look at LMT's ($485) or Noveske's ($699), both are available from Bravo Company here.

I purchased my LMT 10.5" from Bravo Company and it has been great, 100% reliable and very accurate.

As for the lower I think you can use any quality lower, but remember it has to be registered as a SBR with the BATFE and you will not be able to easily sell it so get the lower you really want. I wanted a lower that matched my upper so I went with an LMT.

However, if I was doing this SBR again today, I would build a BCM 11.5" upper on a BCM lower.

Cameron
    Last edited by Cameron; 11-15-10 at 10:41.

Feedback Score

Cool

Looks like a coin toss. 10.5 or 11.5 BCM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Moved the knuckle buster ehh Cameron? I thought yours was a Noveske when I saw it, looked damn near the same as mine at the Pueblo class. Probably just because of the Pig.

OP - I've had my Noveske 10.5" SS for about a year now and it's been great. I did have a few malfunctions at the Magpul class, but after reading up on some stuff, I think I was seriously under lubed. That combined with the baby powder fine grit that was blowing around us at 45mph might have had something to do with it. A couple thousand rounds later, with generous lube, it's run like a top. Very happy with it, but I'm sure the BCM is right up there. I'm actually looking to get another 10.5" with a switchblock to run my Gemtech G5 on and I'll probably go Noveske again, but that's just a personal choice due to familiarity.
    Time flies when you throw your watch.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That dust at the Magpul class was crazy, mine did run fine with lube applied the week before.

Feedback Score
    I'd go LMT. They've been doing 10.5" for a long time now, and have lots of experience getting them dialed to work well
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score

I'm running a 10.3" CMMG upper half on my SBR. It works very well, but I ran into issues with the upper not lining up with my lower reveiver at the push pin holes.

If I did it again, I'd get a BCM.
    User ID: 298

Feedback Score
    If your toughest problem is deciding between an LMT, a BCM, or a Noveske then you're having a very good day! When I finally get around to it next summer, I'll probably go with the Noveske just because I don't have any Noveske gear at the moment. I tend to prefer the 11.5" over the 10.5" for added reliability, but that's just from some bad luck I've had with a 10.5" before. 11.5" is short enough for me.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    LMT, BCM, Noveske or DD would all be great. The BCM is 11.5" and DD is 10.3".

I bought an LMT factory gun from G&R:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...ion&key=SBR-10

Bravo has factory guns now too.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-M...-NFA-s/149.htm
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    My LMT has been through several training classes along with thousands of rounds in practice as well as general neglect as my truck gun and hasn't missed a beat... ever.
    I wouldn't hesitate to get another.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast