Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimpling a barrel

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    ADCO dimples:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Heats up quicker and cools quicker. There is a reason F/A belt feds use heavy, nonflutted/dimpled barrels.

Its an absolutley useless process that can adversley effect harmonics and barrel stressing. If saving weight is your goal, just go to a lower/slim contour.

Except the Mk46 mod 1... It's fluted...

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    what profile barrels are you guys having dimpled? anyone used a lightweight profile?

Feedback Score
    Trident- Where the hell you been? You are responseable for this creation and I haven't seen you around for you to get credit.

Marvin did my barrel and assembled the upper. The barrel is a Rainier Arms UM 16in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by koz View Post
    Except the Mk46 mod 1... It's fluted...
    That system was designed to shed weight. Best bud was a mk 48 / 46 gunner in 2nd batt. He did love it like a baby though. I still stand by its a useless process for gear queers.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ugotbit View Post
    Trident- Where the hell you been? You are responseable for this creation and I haven't seen you around for you to get credit.

Marvin did my barrel and assembled the upper. The barrel is a Rainier Arms UM 16in.
    Damn brother, that is absolutely outstanding....what a beautiful gun that is. That is what happens when you take your time and invest wisely on a build. The proof is in the pudding on Marvin's work above, he works magic on those dimples

Great to see you on M4C and now that badass new Recce. Me and the Kiddy site parted ways for good.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I'm waiting to hear back from Marvin. I want 2-3 barrels done.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The most recent pal of mine who got work done on some MRP barrels said that it took several weeks turnaround and be prepared to wait some time. If you don't mind having your barrel/s gone for a month or so than the work is well worth it imho and totally proprietary

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    The most recent pal of mine who got work done on some MRP barrels said that it took several weeks turnaround and be prepared to wait some time. If you don't mind having your barrel/s gone for a month or so than the work is well worth it imho and totally proprietary
    It took some time, but it was worth the wait. Mine was about 6-7 weeks.

It's not for everyone, but it looks cool to me.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    I have several guns/uppers I can use for 3gun but I'd love to have my SS410 16" midlength dimpled from the low pro gas block forward. After getting that dimpled I'd like my BCM BFH 14.5" midlength dimpled.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast