Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimpling a barrel

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I have several guns/uppers I can use for 3gun but I'd love to have my SS410 16" midlength dimpled from the low pro gas block forward. After getting that dimpled I'd like my BCM BFH 14.5" midlength dimpled.
    I really hope you do the SS410 16" and I would love to do all my SS barrels from the GB forward if you see no negative effects on accuracy. That could be a big deal in helping out with balance and weight on a heavier SS barreled rig.

Quote Originally Posted by ugotbit View Post
    It took some time, but it was worth the wait. Mine was about 6-7 weeks.

It's not for everyone, but it looks cool to me.
    Your right its not for everyone as you have to be a man of vision and patience but if you are the rewards are awesome and you end up with a truly one of kind, custom piece like yours is. It really is a sign of a "builder's touch" and seems to make a really custom build "pop". The small things and the attn. to detail usually win me over on top shelf, high dollar builds.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I have several guns/uppers I can use for 3gun but I'd love to have my SS410 16" midlength dimpled from the low pro gas block forward. After getting that dimpled I'd like my BCM BFH 14.5" midlength dimpled.
    made my noveske recon barrel about 1.9 lighter

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtmajor View Post
    made my noveske recon barrel about 1.9 lighter
    I take it you just had it done forward of the GB?
    My fear is that ahh, the whole island will ahh, become so overly populated, that it will tip over and ahh, and capsize...
    Hank Johnson (D) GA YouTube

Feedback Score
    Can someone please PM me Marvin's info? And what a ball park price would be on a 16" SS410 BCM barrel would run me to have dimpled under handguard and in front of gas block?

Thanks
    KKJ

Feedback Score
    I receintly had ADCO flute a barrel of mine. Originally I was going for dimples, but since my main goal was to lose weight, I went for the flutes. Also, since this was going under the handguard, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the looks as much.

Feedback Score
    For a very light 18" barrel consider the 18" chrome lined Sabre - it comes fluted from the factory. The two I know of locally shoot very well.

One was put together as a long range 3-Gun rifle and preforms very well at distance with 77gr SMKs. It's so-so with cheap WW 55gr reloads, but it's older twin even shoots those well.

These are mid length gas, btw.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    DD has now listed an 18" middy CHF lightweight barrel on their site....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    DD has now listed an 18" middy CHF lightweight barrel on their site....
    Where? When you click on "Lightweight" under the Profiles section, it lists four 10.3", four 11.5", four 12.5", eight 14.5", and eight 16" barrels.
    http://danieldefense.com/cold-hammer...rel_profile=41

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by royta View Post
    Where? When you click on "Lightweight" under the Profiles section, it lists four 10.3", four 11.5", four 12.5", eight 14.5", and eight 16" barrels.
    http://danieldefense.com/cold-hammer...rel_profile=41

Actually doesn't look like a true LWT barrel profile as its thicker under the handguards but in front of the FB is a thin profile. You can tell by the step right behind the threads...odd profile...

http://danieldefense.com/cold-hammer...f-barrels.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Actually doesn't look like a true LWT barrel profile as its thicker under the handguards but in front of the FB is a thin profile. You can tell by the step right behind the threads...odd profile...

http://danieldefense.com/cold-hammer...f-barrels.html

LOL. That's the Strength 2 Weight profile, and appears to be the heaviest profile they offer. Not exactly what I'd call "Lightweight".

Strength 2 Weight

M4

Lightweight

Government

These are pictures of 16" barrels and all but the M4 profile are mid-length gas systems.

ETA - I don't know, I guess I could be wrong on the S2W being the heaviest profile of the four. Of all four profiles, the S2W is the heaviest at the chamber. There isn't a lot of material removed in any one section of the barrel like you see on the other three profiles. There is just a nice straight taper from end to end, which is why I think it's the heaviest of the four profiles.
    Last edited by royta; 12-07-10 at 20:33.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast