Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Keep buying those Chinese made goods...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We would just renege on the debt and start a new currency
    We just absolutely couldn't do that. No one would ever loan the US government money again.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    We just absolutely couldn't do that. No one would ever loan the US government money again.
    I don't know. GM just sold a ton of stock to a bunch of suckers. At the top end of the price range too.

And they (the suckers) only got wiped out last year. Did not take long for them to forget all about the last time they bought GM.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    No, we will devalue and inflate the dollar so paying the debt will be cake.

Only bread and milk will cost $500 a pop. No biggie
    Look on the bright side Variable, we will all be rich! We will all make half a million or more a year! How wonderful! Then we all get to pay soak the rich tax rates! Ever hear of the AMT? It ain't a gun.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Seeing as the average American wage hasn't changed in nearly a decade, yeah, I can see why people are trying to save on goods. I don't blame walmart, or the American people for the economic plight we are in.
    It is all related, nothing happens in a vacuum.

When we grew up you went to a shoe store that was owned by another family that lived in the same town. You bought paint, nails, wood, etc from the local hardware store that was owned by another local family. The sold goods from other American companies.

Now you pop into Walmart or Home Depot, a corporation who's only care is to make money for the executives, and buy stuff that is all made in China. What happened to the mom & pop stores? Well they are gone because they couldn't compete with the big chain stores.

while jobs are sent to China and Mexico.
    Part of that has to do with heavy taxes and unionized labor driving up the cost of production in the US.

As for unions, they are not the enemy of American manufacturing. Being anti-union, and engaging in union busting is exactly what the globalists want.
    I do not about what the globalists want or do not want in regards to union labor but from what I have seen the unions are bad for the American people.

Unions did good when they first came about but now all they do is protect the sacks of shit that should be fired but cannot be because they hide behind the union. I have seen this firsthand.

The UAW is a perfect example of negative effect the union has on American manufacturing. The rank and file could care less about the failing quality of the vehicles they were producing, only how many more vacation or sick days they could get, how much of a raise they would get, or how much more OT they could get.

Delphi took the majority of its manufacturing overseas because they could not be competitive with the union on its neck. Before they had to make sure the guying mowing the lawn at its facilities was a union employee making $65 an hour. Now thanks to that BS the manufacturing jobs are all in India, Indonesia, etc. For the most part, the only thing they do in the US now is the engineering aspect.

Unions drive up the cost of everything while not doing a single thing to improve the quality of the product, workers, or customer experience.

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    But I'd agree with SteyrAUG, I buy from people that build cars in America, and businesses that build in America and have American jobs, not guys who have commercials about selling their car with parts made in another country, and assembled in another country with the Flag flowing in the sunshine in the background to try to convince me I'm being patriotic (ETA 2: I can't seem to finish thoughts lately) by buying their product.
    The company I work for sells auto parts. They have stuff made in China. The buyers went to China to see the factories. They brought back pictures of crates with our logos on them, our competitors logos on them, and GM's/Ford's/Chrysler's logo on them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When you sit down and think about it, That actually might not be a bad thing..for the first time in decades the govt would be forced, FORCED, to live within it's means..The down side is, (and it's huge) of course taxes would skyrocket, along with the price of everything.. Believe me, I honestly know what the answer is, But it's pretty clear we can't keep going down the path we're taking. Both the Dem's and Republicans have got to start working to save this country,not their partys. Both are guilty for the mess this country is in. There's plenty of blame to go around.. Hurling insults and blaming each other is non productive, and a waste of time, time we as a country don't have alot of left. It has to stop. I see the steam roller of inflation coming, and the dolts in Washington are too busy slinging mud at each other to notice....And when it hits, it's not going to be pretty
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

The last pair of steel toe electrical hazard shoes make in the US next to the last pair made in Britain. Well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, Red Wing still makes a couple of models in the US, but all Doc Martens are made in China.
    Try Danner Boots out of Portland Oregon. As of two years ago their boots were all made in the USA.

I have been intentionally trying to avoid purchasing from sweat shop countries for years, while understanding that it is not ALWAYS possible for several years. In particular China.

If it takes the threat of possible conflict to convince the rest of the American population to similarly follow suit I say great. Yes, their intentions are dangerous! Yes we should focus our purchases within our own boarder, or those allies that share similar values to our own.

There is a billboard on a local trucking company that sums it up:

"Buy American, the next job lost may be yours!"
    Last edited by Mac5.56; 11-21-10 at 12:03.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Danner does not make electrical hazard boots.

I see the steam roller of inflation coming, and the dolts in Washington are too busy slinging mud at each other to notice......
    Au contraire. They know very well. Inflation benefits the power drunk politician. Through bracket creep it increases tax rates and makes people more dependent on government. The Democrats are not dolts they are statists. The Republicans are not dolts they are cowards. Want to frighten a Republican into submission? Call him a racist. Call me a racist, see what happens. I'll laugh at you. I'm not afraid of an insult and that is exactly what the term "racist" is. Merely an insult. It has lost all it's meaning. Nevertheless the Republicans are terrified of it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234