Thread: Mossberg .22 AR

Feedback Score

Mossberg .22 AR

Well sort of AR. I just stumbled across this new model on Mossberg's website. Apparently it's based on their model 702.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/def...3&display=desc

I've never paid much attention to Mossberg other than to check out their shotguns every now and then. What are their .22s like and what's the aftermarket situation for magazines and such for their .22 rifles?
    "The most successful people are those who are good at plan B."
    -James Yorke

"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    - Robert E. Lee

"Death is nature's way of telling you that you failed."
    -SAS Commando

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I've seen this particular rifle in person and it isn't much, atleast in the arena of AR .22 clones. It's basically a plastic AR shell around a standard 702 Plinkster. The mags are the same, the stock doesn't collapse, and the charging handle is for looks. The ones I've handled felt reallt cheap and the mags were difficult to remove/insert due to the AR exoskeleton. I'd pass and look at the SW MP15-22, but YMMV.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    For the love of God, that's an UGLY pig. I'm shallow, it's all about the looks!

Feedback Score
    it feels like an airsoft gun...

dunno about how it shoots though

Feedback Score
    I fondled one at a local shop. I was about half turned off based on the looks before I handled it. After I had a chance to put my hands on one, I was completely turned off. If looked/felt like crap to me.

Feedback Score
    the 702 plinkster is a real good shooter in it's normal configuration...but as it looks in the link it's phugly as heck.

mp-15-22 all the way or the cmmg 22 evolution rig.