Thread: Binocular?

Feedback Score

Binocular?

Was at the range today shooting trying to help a friend sight in his ar15 but wasn't much help couldn't see where the shots were hitting. So can u guys recommend me a good pair of binoculars that would be good for this. Or would u recommend a spotting scope?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Spotting scope would be better for range use on a bench. And it will work out to very long ranges.

Binoculars will work for distances out to 200 yards or maybe even 300, but being hand held they'll be a little too shaky. If you're talking about staying in the typical 50-100 yard ranges, bino's will be just fine. Binoculars are much more versatile that a spotting scope.

I use bino's and I absolutely love my Swarovski 15X56's, but how could I not?
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'd probably pick up a spotting scope with a good tripod. Vortex makes decent optics for the price.

If you're deadest on binos, Redfield makes some low price-decent quality binos. You could always mount the binos to a tripod to steady them.

The reason I would go with a spotting scope is the magnification power. Even the el cheapo spotters should be decent at 20x.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Shoot n see targets help too!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've got a set of 8 power Stieners that I use at the range for 25-100 they work, though if the light isn't good you are kind of ****ed at 100 meters. Have a spotting scope in my future though since it makes things so much easier.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    ^ That. I can do .22 caliber holes generally at 50, but 100m is too far for me. And binos are shaky, especially when you are cold and tired.