Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret City Weaponeers

Feedback Score
    Thanks, for the info. Looks nice.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    You are correct, sir, that this holster is designed for wear @ ~4:00 on the belt, behind the hip, where it will achieve best concealment. The 25 degree cant is selected, not only to enhance concealment, but to better present the sidearm's grip to the user's reach @ ~4:00.

For those who prefer appendix carry, or something close to that position, I'm working on separate holster design. It's markedly different from this one, which is decidedly biased for wear behind the hip.

Excellent info! Thank you sir. As a 4 o'clock holster it looks great. I am very interested in the appendix holster you mentioned. Look forward to seeing your take on it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VolGrad View Post
    K-25 is a clever name ...

I grew up in that area and have heard of K-25 for my entire life. Nice write-up. Sounds like a professional commercial.

The kydex molding looks good but I've never been a fan of the loops attached that way. I prefer the offset struts of my CTAC.

While the aggressive 25 degree cant would aid in concealment .... how is the draw? I think I would have to adjust my draw more than I like to make it work for me.
    Not sure how long the sign has been up, as I just noticed it myself Saturday. At the Lenior City exit there is a sign Y-12 National Lab this exit. Takes you in the back way. I remember hearing older people talk about how it was a big secret and everything...... I chuckled that now there is a sign.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Not sure how long the sign has been up, as I just noticed it myself Saturday. At the Lenior City exit there is a sign Y-12 National Lab this exit. Takes you in the back way. I remember hearing older people talk about how it was a big secret and everything...... I chuckled that now there is a sign.
    During WWII, the existence of the place was a secret. Locals in the surrounding areas knew something was going on in the Secret City, but they didn't know WHAT was going. Even most of the people working within the facilities didn't know exactly what they were working on. You couldn't enter the city, without going through multiple checkpoints, with armed guards (and little machinegun towers). Later, the existence of the place, and the general nature of the work being done there, were well known, but the specifics, of course, remained secret. The signs you saw are there to help trucks bring in whatever freight they might be delivering. They're also to help people from accidentally wandering into areas where they don't belong.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and there is the land of Bliss. ~ Miyamoto Musashi

DISCLOSURE: I represent SECRET CITY WEAPONEERS, purveyor of K-25 Multi-Role Concealment Holsters. I may, therefore, be biased...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks interesting, do tell more on this appendix carry design.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeJumper View Post
    Looks interesting, do tell more on this appendix carry design.
    As with the K-25, I will leak something when it's near time to declassify.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and there is the land of Bliss. ~ Miyamoto Musashi

DISCLOSURE: I represent SECRET CITY WEAPONEERS, purveyor of K-25 Multi-Role Concealment Holsters. I may, therefore, be biased...

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Seraph,

Reference the AIWB Is it safe to say that it's not just a iwb with a neutral cant and IWB loops?
    Last edited by Serpico1985; 11-23-10 at 15:13.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Looks like a well built piece of kit. I'm interested.
    Nothing man-portable is guaranteed to end a fight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpico1985 View Post
    Seraph,

Reference the AIWB Is it safe to say that it's not just a iwb with a neutral cant and IWB loops?
    Umm... Yes. It's really appendix carry focused, and won't be usable as just another straight drop IWB. That's as much as I'll say for now.

Last edited by Seraph; 11-23-10 at 19:40.

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Sweet. I'll ask no more. Thanks!

Page 2 of 83 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast