Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret City Weaponeers

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz_knox View Post
    You could always make a holster dedicated to the especially . . . rotund among us and call it the "Big Ed's." I don't think his family would mind.

For us fellow ETs, do you have a location we can drop by to check the holsters out or are they available through a local shop like CCA?
    Buzz, this is new, and, for now, production capacity is only what I can make personally. If there's demand, I'll hire help, and will expand distribution to a small number of select stores. CCA will not be among them, however. If you'd like to see one, PM me contact info. Maybe I'll meet you at Big Ed's!

ETA: If I were to make a holster specifically for the "rotund," I'd call it the Fat Man, after the Nagasaki bomb.
    Last edited by Seraph; 11-24-10 at 10:25.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and there is the land of Bliss. ~ Miyamoto Musashi

DISCLOSURE: I represent SECRET CITY WEAPONEERS, purveyor of K-25 Multi-Role Concealment Holsters. I may, therefore, be biased...

Feedback Score
    The kids model (for cap guns or range weapons) could be the Little Boy. Nukes are equal opportunity so there's nothing discriminatory about that name.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Light compatible holsters are a separate project, and will not be designated K-25. I'll be polling for input on features for that, pretty soon.
    I'd be very interested in this. My usual carry gun is a G-19 with an X300. Finding a working IWB for that is like winning the lottery - you hope and spend money, but nothing good ever happens to you.

I'd dearly love for someone to come up with a replacement shell for a Comp-Tac Minotaur, that could carry a G-19/X300.

But a nice leather rig like yours, would be very, very welcome.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'd be very interested in this. My usual carry gun is a G-19 with an X300. Finding a working IWB for that is like winning the lottery - you hope and spend money, but nothing good ever happens to you.

I'd dearly love for someone to come up with a replacement shell for a Comp-Tac Minotaur, that could carry a G-19/X300.

But a nice leather rig like yours, would be very, very welcome.
    If you want nice leather, you might consider the Isotope 7, mentioned by some others here. It's made for me by Gary Brommeland, and, IMO, is only surpassed by a Brommeland Max Con V (finer aesthetics). The Isotope 7/Max Con V, however, isn't available for mounted lights. My light compatible holster will be made of Kydex, and will be similar to the K-25.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and there is the land of Bliss. ~ Miyamoto Musashi

DISCLOSURE: I represent SECRET CITY WEAPONEERS, purveyor of K-25 Multi-Role Concealment Holsters. I may, therefore, be biased...

Feedback Score
    I have one question.

Why the extra material at the bottom? It seems to add unnecessary length.

Other than that, looks like a great product.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyVain View Post
    I have one question.

Why the extra material at the bottom? It seems to add unnecessary length.

Other than that, looks like a great product.
    It helps to keep the muzzle from angling inward, poking into your buttock, and becoming a pain in the ass.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    It helps to keep the muzzle from angling inward, poking into your buttock, and becoming a pain in the ass.
    So I take it a "slide" version would probably be out of the question then? I'm also curious about the possibility of a dedicated 3"o'clock holster and what type of "tricks" would be incorporated. I must admit I'm intrigued by this design and I hope you don't get backed up like Raven.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    So I take it a "slide" version would probably be out of the question then? I'm also curious about the possibility of a dedicated 3"o'clock holster and what type of "tricks" would be incorporated. I must admit I'm intrigued by this design and I hope you don't get backed up like Raven.
    I'm not into the slide holster concept, but I don't think the world is starving for another slide holster, anyway.

As for a 3:00 holster, I do have one in the works, that would be fine for that position, but I don't think I would call it a dedicated 3:00 holster.

I hope I DO get backed up like Raven, but I'm certainly not in any danger of that right now.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Intereted in more details of the Appendix holster, let me know if you need someone to do some T/E. I haven't found a suitable one yet.

Feedback Score

Kydex OWB Loops

I got a request for a look at my Kydex OWB loops, so I thought I'd go ahead and post a pic here, so that others interested may see. I've played with a few different styles, including a "canted" style loop, that I just learned today that Raven is making (the Raven ones, I think, are injection molded plastic of some type, and look nice). Anyway, here's a look at the style that I've settled on. They work very well with my Wilderness 5-stitch and CSM belts, and my prototype gun belt from Jones Tactical (working on a belt project with Richard Jones, a swell guy). The threaded stud for the mid screw is low profile enough that it doesn't impede passing a belt through. These loops can be attached upside down, to raise the ride height a bit, if you like. They can also be used, sans the mid screw, as IWB hard loops (I've been doing this lately, and like it a lot, other than not being able to quickly remove the holster).

Last edited by Seraph; 11-24-10 at 18:07.

Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast