Page 41 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret City Weaponeers

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Seems like people are having different experiences getting in contact with him.

Mind anyone let him know I'm trying to get a hold of him? Been waiting on a order for several months now . Tried calling, emailing and the facebook to no avail.

I don't mind the wait for a quality product. I wish I could have some form of contact.
    Last edited by aflin; 11-16-11 at 14:50.
    Kentucky Regional Training Group

Shot placement is power- Stephen A. Camp

I'm aware my avvy does not stand for Heckler and Koch

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nla View Post
    ... Still no holster, though (waiting since June), but convinced it'll be worth the wait...
    Wow.

I thought I have been waiting a long time at 11 weeks. I have sent messages from two different email accounts as well as via their website with no reply. It would be nice to receive an update or any response at all.

Feedback Score
    Like i said before, I am up there in the wait time. Im about 5 months right now, and he does have a light of mine so Im vested. I spoke to Tony about 3 weeks back, and they just had a new baby and it came earlier than expected. He said that he is working on playing catch up as a result of this. If anyone hears anything else, let us know

Feedback Score
    Pretty frustrating that his website still says 6-8wks, and before I ordered in September that's what they told me in an email, especially since we have people waiting over twice that long!

I'm sure he makes a great product, that's one of the reasons I ordered, but their CS could use a lot of work.
    I think I need to start looking at other options again.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I didnt want to post in here as my business with Tony is done and in the end I came out satisfied. But, this is starting to get out of control. I, like the rest of you, was waiting on a product for far too long and continually getting the run around due to this reason or that reason. When I finally exposed it on this forum, Tony sent me my product, plus a new holster and mag carrier. The product I was waiting on was...belt loops. That blew me away, he couldve just shipped a second set of belt loops, but instead he refunded me my money, sent the loops, and a whole kydex set. Now, it did take some forceful persuasion on my part to get us to that point, but he made it right and made me happy in the end. I want so badly to advertise his product (because the work is superb and original), but when he keeps jacking people around like this, I cant in good conciensce send people his way. When posted and agreed upon wait times are 6-8 weeks, and then money is exchanged, then there is rarely an excuse good enough to merit a delay of that schedule, especially a delay of double the wait time. If a serious problem does arise on the MFGing side, then an email should be sent to all customers waiting on a product detailing why their paid for items will be delayed.

Tony, brother, if you are reading this, please take this to heart. You are starting to get the reputation of a flake, and in business that isnt good. You need to contact all of your customers ASAP and let them know that you havent stolen their money, that their product was delayed for reason x, and what you are going to do to make it right. They know youre product is unique and great, but they are losing faith in the man behind the kydex. I want to see you succeed and continue to inovate, but youve got to start doing business the right way before this community loses all trust in you. If you are bombarded with orders, either make a longer wait time or stop taking orders until you can clear the backlog. I hope you are doing well and that you're family is healthy, I know that in the end you will come through for these folks like you did for me. I also understand that you work full time, have a family, and do this on the side, so I know how easy it can be to get bogged down quickly.

God bless,
    Grant

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I'm with LowSpeed, I left my holster in the car during the summer and it lost a bit of the retention. Tony graciously offered to fix it for me free of cost but I haven't and probably won't send it in because I need the holster. There was alot of heartburn with Raven when they got inundated but they've grown/are growing to meet demand and are now offering "quick ship" items of their most requested holsters. There's a lesson in there somewhere but he's probably got a lot on his plate taking care of his family. I still looove this damn holster though...
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 11-17-11 at 15:14.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Anthony was so helpful in my choosing a new pistol as well as ordering holsters. His product looks fantastic. Then his comms stopped. If its going to end up being months and months I should have gone with who I know is great...Raven Concealment.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Anthony was so helpful in my choosing a new pistol as well as ordering holsters. His product looks fantastic. Then his comms stopped. If its going to end up being months and months I should have gone with who I know is great...Raven Concealment.
    I chose Secret City because I viewed Raven Concealment as an equivalent, and all else being equal (price, function, etc.) SCW had the advantage in a shorter lead time. Now I'm not quite certain; I guess I'm not really in that much of a need for the holster, I just imagined that when I ordered it would be an 8 week lead like the website mentioned.

Maybe people could update this thread when they receive changes to their order status?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Hey guys, just read a little tid bit over on arfcom, here's an update from Tony himself.

"Hey, guys, I'm Secret City Weaponeers. I'm very sorry about not keeping up with correspondence very well. My wife, who takes care of most of that type of thing for me nowadays, is somewhat out of action, due to the recent birth of our new daughter. My wife's 7 years older now, than the last time we had a baby, and it has been unexpectedly hard on her, physically. The result is that I have had to default to full time child care, for our other two kids. It's been an amazingly tough year for us, here, with 3 spinal surgeries for our disabled 13 year old daughter (with possibly a 4th one coming), and my wife's unexpectedly hard pregnancy. God willing, and without further calamities, I'm finally starting to get my little enterprise back on track. All orders, from the very late, to those placed by end of November, should be shipped by Christmas. If I haven't responded to your email recently, I'm sorry. I get a LOT of them, and I'm digging through them as quick as I can. Send me a PM here, and give me a nudge. " -Source

I'm happy he's alive It must be stressful for the whole family. Tough times don't last, but tough men do. Hang in there!
    Kentucky Regional Training Group

Shot placement is power- Stephen A. Camp

I'm aware my avvy does not stand for Heckler and Koch

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Thanks for the update

Thanks for the update in the post above. I am about 3 weeks in on my order. Christmas would be great! My CC was charged right away, and I recieved 2 order confirmation emails right after the order, but nothing since.

For those with outstanding orders, it would be great to hear what your actual ETA vs. product-in-hand turns out to be.

I am looking forward to my new holster, but am just a little bit concerned by some of the posts from others here.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
    Abraham Lincoln

Page 41 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast