Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Secret City Weaponeers

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubz View Post
    Well, Tony/SCW has my full support and understanding. Last night I just placed an order for a holster and mag pouch.
    You sure you want to do that?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thatpanda View Post
    I personally have not been contacted, I don't know about anyone else. My one and only message from him was Oct. 17, when he messaged me via his website. He told me why there was a delay, and said that my order should be out the door within a week. he also said he would mark my order as a priority. that was the last time I had contact with him. Since then, I've sent multiple emails and messages, with the last few being very nasty due to my frustrations. Still no response from him.

Honestly, I just want my money back. ...
    This post more or less states my experiences, feelings, and understanding of the events and fits them to a T.

Out the door within a week? Man, that frustrates me!

I sent an email 2 weeks ago (prior to his response here) asking for either a solid lead time or a refund. No response so far. Another email is going back his way tonight.

My communications with him have been through TOS and it's messaging system. I sent him a message in November and he said he would have the order done by Christmas. I then asked him if he would be able to double my order, essentially - and he said no problem, he would make it a priority (sounds familiar?). Whoops, my mistake. I ordered through his website and checked out.

At this point, a refund is all I'm asking for. If a product shows up on my doorstep tomorrow, I will not sign for it. If he had said 'it's a four month wait' when I were ordering, I probably still would have! It was "6-8 weeks" on a page updated two weeks before my order. 4.5 months ago. In November, it was 'by Christmas.' His website still says "6-8 weeks." I've come to believe almost nothing he says, because it seems consistently incorrect.

I guess I'll take the stigma of being a 'conspirator' or however else he decides to categorize his rightfully-frustrated 'customer' base.

I'm going to peruse this thread and try to draw up numbers and attempt to figure out (statistically) if his information is solid or not. It should be easy to figure out how (based on how many people have received/not received products) where it stands, and just how likely his 50% number is (p-values anyone?). Bayesian statistics do not lie, assuming my sample size is sufficient and normal. Back on this thought later.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thatpanda View Post
    You sure you want to do that?
    Yep, I'm sure. I'm willing to wait because of his reputation on quality, high attention to detail, his design approaches and use of within body snap loops for OWB on Kydex. I've waited 6 months and more for various IWB leather holsters.

Nothing I've come across says anything negative about his moral character, so I'm not worried about being 'ripped off.' From my perspective, the core issues are delay of delivery and minimal communications. His last post explained enough to me and I was satisfied with that, so it's just a matter of patience for me.

I totally understand why other's are dissatisfied and even angered about not getting their products and/or not being directly contacted about their status. For me, I find compassion a better approach. I wish him well in his endeavors during a tough time in his life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IPApilot View Post
    Well,

So far, I seem to be the winner of the "Sucks to be me" category.

I ordered and paid for two holster on 4/1/11. So I'm sitting at 9 and 1/2 months.

Anybody have an order older than that?

I'm still waiting on a holster or a check!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercaptan View Post
    Out the door within a week? Man, that frustrates me!
    Yup, that was an outright LIE in my book. Definitely frustrated as hell, which is why I decided to lash out on a public forum. There's literally no other avenue of contact between me and him.

Jubz, I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully you wont get ****ed like me, and I'm guessing a LOT of other people

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IPApilot View Post
    I'm still waiting on a holster or a check!!!!!!!!
    Have you even been able to contact him? If so how, if you don't mind me asking?

I can't believe Tony is still taking orders, and still advertising a 6-8 week wait. It literally blows my mind considering he came on this forum, gave us a sob story, and still hasn't contacted his customers after he said it would never happen again Does anybody know what kind of legal action I can take against him?

Feedback Score
    28 (97%)
    Been following the complaining with some interest. I will note I believe there might be two different emails. Use the one currently on the website... I was responded to in short order there after replying to the same dead email conversation for weeks.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    And what was the response?

Feedback Score
    28 (97%)
    He sincerely apologized for the wait, and got my order to me in about two weeks after my prompting.

EDIT:
    And it's the best holster I own. :-P
    Last edited by masternave; 01-25-12 at 09:06. Reason: EDIT

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by masternave View Post
    He sincerely apologized for the wait, and got my order to me in about two weeks after my prompting.

EDIT:
    And it's the best holster I own. :-P
    How long did you initially wait before you had to go out of your way and harass Tony so that you could get a product you already paid for? His sincere apology doesn't mean shit to me when you have people waiting for 9 months for a holster who are obviously now supposed to track down and pester the man who stole their money.

Also, saying it's the best holster you own isn't really an indicator of the quality of the holster when you don't reference any other brands or models. If the person who drives a shitbox Yugo tells a bunch of Porsche owners that his Yugo is the best car he's ever owned it doesn't amount to much of anything. I'm not trying to bust your balls but you should provide some frame of reference.

FWIW - I think Tony makes a great holster and I used to use it everyday prior to switching over to AIWB. The issue isn't with the design or the quality of his work but in his business practices or the lack there of.

Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast