Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do i have too much S**t on my rifle?/rant(Updated with new pics)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just curious. What's the last thing you put on your stick that sent your co-worker over the edge?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MookNW View Post
    Just curious. What's the last thing you put on your stick that sent your co-worker over the edge?
    the surefire lol he couldnt understand why i needed a light for my rifle even though i tried explaining it to him all he said was just turn on the lights.
    DEATH SMILES AT US ALL, ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    whats the name of the pressure switch you have with your surefire would it work on the m951? also thanks for the contest about your early xmas gift im looking forward to seeing what comes in the mail.

Feedback Score
    No optic WTF.
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

Feedback Score
    ...just turn on the lights...
    I love it.

devildogljb, I also got the M951 cheap... and I love it. I did scrape the hell out of it on an unintentional "superman" slide. Hurt like hell, as the rifle was under me when I came to a stop. My brother still laughs about it.

I changed out the lamp for the newer P60L and now I get about 10 hours of run time on a set of batteries. Also the tail caps and bezels from other 6P and G2 series Surefires will all work with this body. This thing is a brick and the 6P bezel looks alot smaller and is lighter when mounted on this body. I am sure the huge bezel was designed to protect the standard P60 lamp, but if you trade the lamp out for the P60L you can go with the smaller lighter bezel and not need to worry about protecting the lamp. I think a Z49 tail cap and 6P Defender bezel would be a much lighter and slimmer package.
    Spyder

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gigag04 View Post

No optic WTF.
    Well, he could be like me... too poor to purchase said quality optic, so while saving money, he might be running an El-cheap-o Red Dot and just removed it for the photos to avoid getting laughed at.

Maybe not... who knows. He has a nice rifle, and I for one am not going to give him crap about his rifle when everyone where he works is giving him crap for having a Weapon light mounted on it.

Not a flame... just a "Hey, I'm in the same boat" kinda thing.
    Spyder

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gigag04 View Post
    No optic WTF.
    i wish i had a dollar every time some one said that to me

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Spyder View Post
    Well, he could be like me... too poor to purchase said quality optic, so while saving money, he might be running an El-cheap-o Red Dot and just removed it for the photos to avoid getting laughed at.

Maybe not... who knows. He has a nice rifle, and I for one am not going to give him crap about his rifle when everyone where he works is giving him crap for having a Weapon light mounted on it.

Not a flame... just a "Hey, I'm in the same boat" kinda thing.
    Your dead on my friend i took it off for the pics i was running a higher end aimpoint knock off i got as a part of a trade but im selling it off this weekend. It holds zero and works fine but adds a little too much weight and its no real aimpoint. I didnt want to put it in and people think im trying to pass it off as a real one. And as for running no optic whats wrong with that gigag04, i learned to shoot on irons with the m16 at 200,300,500 and close quarters. Are optics good hell yes they are makes things a hell of alot easier. And dont take that as im trying to say im more of a man because i like irons over using a eotech or aimpoint etc because its far from that. I noticed when i was a fire arms instructor at a local shooting range, some people jump right into the optics thing when they should be learning the basics of irons first or keeping their skills on them fresh. And the statement i just made about learning the basics probley does not pretain to any one on this site its just a statement. They are there for a reason and i like them but i do plan on getting a eotech once i can afford one.

Feedback Score
    I think I'd put a light on way before an RDS, if I already didn't have a couple lying around as well.

You can get anything you really want done with a properly aligned light and irons.

Good on the OP for saving his pennies for a quality optic before posting pics of it here.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    I think I'd put a light on way before an RDS, if I already didn't have a couple lying around as well.

You can get anything you really want done with a properly aligned light and irons.
    Damn right and where i live theres alot of break ins going on recently and more then once i had to go outside in the dark with no light on my rifle to check out what was going on. Did have a run in with 2 guys on my property "just chilling". So with the added surefire i feel more confident with home defense at night.

Feedback Score
    Heh, you actually have more on your rifle than several of our local (South Eastern Wisconsin) LEO's get to.

In fact, they'd all LOVE to be allowed to mount even cheap rails and lights.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast