Thread: Ok I have my SBR, now what?

Feedback Score

Question Ok I have my SBR, now what?

Ok I've got my SBR all set up (6.8 12.5 with adjustable gas block), and I was planning on adding a can for the 6.8 but I made the mistake of visiting Sturm website..Crap.

My life was some much simpler (in terms of firearm purchases) without the Class III. So should I get the 6.8 can (then is it surefire, AAC, or Ops Inc????)
    OR Should I start with a 22LR can to go with a 22 pistol or a integrated 10/22... Or should I get a osprey can for 40? Or just save up and get a full auto. This is terrible, then I see some DD and try to figure out if my wife will notice if I sold here car for a 30mm cannon!

Y'all have got to help a guy out! I've already got guns for sale to add more of this 'stuff', I just have no clue on which direction to go.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Your next logical course of action is to load up a bunch of ammo and go shootin'.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Your next logical course of action is to load up a bunch of ammo and go shootin'.
    BIG +1!
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    +1 Have fun with what ya got first then look into more add-ons.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I do not have a can, it is a no go here in VT! But if I could I would get one for the AR, and the Rifle and the .22. Get on for the rifle first.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Great Question

Get what you can afford a F/A is just serious fun but a big expense for just dumping ammo, I would go for the cans and have fun with them and if you can rent a F/A for a couple times at the range and see how big the smile on your face is and how empty your wallet is when your done.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Save up and just go full auto. It's a better investment versus SBR/Cans etc etc in my opinion.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ak44 View Post
    Save up and just go full auto. It's a better investment versus SBR/Cans etc etc in my opinion.
    Agreed. After that investment (and more fun than semi) you can always start buying the other stuff. And a MG is like a CD. You can always sell it and get all or more of you money back. Oh, and did i say its more fun.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Ok y'all are not helping.

Clint when are you stopping by with that case of 6.8 ammo?

I can barely find time to spool up the hornady press as it is now!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Cans are a buttload of fun. A 22 can will rock your world, they're scary quiet and super cheap to play with. I'm still up in the air about rifle cans, I figure with a can you should be able to shoot comfortably without ear pro and I'm not convinced that's the case with a rifle can. I live in the city and could take care of a cat/coon/possum in the back yard with my bolt action 22 and no one would hear a thing.
    Last edited by Polymerhead; 12-08-10 at 21:06.