Page 102 of 256 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2556

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I'm really liking that Lum-Tec on the left.

Dang it! I need to stop looking at watches!
    It can be worse than Guns, they're smaller, no paperwork and they pile up fast! Looking at my USMC GSAR on my desk and I'm thinking about selling it to fund a Marathon JDD!
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Current Sinn Market Question

Fellas I have a VERY clean Sinn U1 w/ bracelet, box etc., that I will post FS next week in the EE here if it doesn't turn this wknd in Houston. Any thoughts re. what the market will be like for a $1650. watch here?
    Last edited by Agile53; 01-16-14 at 23:13.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    You might do okay here but will not get the traffic you would on a watch forum. Check out watchrecon.com to see what similar watches are selling for.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Their old school design (CombatB) would be my choice for sure. Not a huge fan of bronze as the latest craze as case material, but on some it does look good. The Combat B is one of them. Some are charging prices for the bronze cased watches, which is silly, but I a few like Lum-Tec are asking a fair price and it would be on my short list if I was currently looking.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Lets see a pic on your wrist man, or is your wrist secret squirrel?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well thanks to this thread I just picked up an Orange Monster of my own. I went with the second generation, I actually prefer the styling without the second markers and with the outlined hour marks. I also figured the newer, hacking movement would be better for a watch I do not wear every day, and will need to wind from time to time.

I am really liking this so far. I have a Sea Dweller that the band/clasp is starting to show a fair amount of scratches, and a Panerai that shows scratches pretty easily as well. The OM will give me something to wear to keep the others from some of the abuse.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    It can be worse than Guns, they're smaller, no paperwork and they pile up fast! Looking at my USMC GSAR on my desk and I'm thinking about selling it to fund a Marathon JDD!
    They have a number of benefits and drawbacks as compared to firearms, I've found.

For one thing, they can be worn everywhere. No one cares if you have a watch (or a dozen watches) on you when you board an airplane or enter a courtroom or travel to, say, the United Kingdom. This means, of course, that one can wear a watch all the time or almost all the time, while guns - except a carry gun and/or truck gun - typically will spend most of their time at home. In the safe. Alone (with all your other guns). This makes it much easier to justify spending the coin on a watch. $4000 for a precision long-range rifle and optic that I'll probably use a couple times a year versus an Omega Speedy Pro that I can wear every day… the Speedy wins.

Once you achieve a certain number of watches, in my experience, you don't really buy many more. Although… that's limited to my experience. I have a workhorse watch, a fancy-pants dress watch, and a sentimental/casual watch. Don't need many more. On the other hand, with guns, you need a handgun. A second handgun in case you break the first one. A handgun for bears and outdoorsy stuff. A handgun for hunting. A handgun for handgun hunting. An AR. An AK. Something self-loading in 308. Something to reach out a ways. A mountain rifle. A varmint gun. A bird gun. A trap/skeet gun. A home defense shotgun. An old bolt action battle rifle. &c., &c., &c. There's always something missing from the battery*. But - at least for me - I haven't gotten to the point where I see a need for more than the three watches. (Although I do have seven, four of them have dead or dying batteries and frankly might as well be thrown into the trash for all the use I'm going to get out of them from here on in. Well, except for maybe my scratched up Luminox.)

*Of course, the argument can be made that you only really need a carbine, a handgun, and maybe a rimfire or a shotgun. Except I feel that unless the shotgun can cover for the carbine and vice versa and you have a second handgun, you will be boned if something happens to your other gun. Whereas with a watch, if your casual watch bites the dust, you can run the work watch. If the dress watch bites the dust, you can run the casual watch with a fancier strap. Hell, most people won't even notice what's on your wrist, anyway.

And another thing: Some watches make certain otherwise insanely priced guns not look like such a bad investment. Like, for instance, the Omega Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon. Beautiful watch. I'd like to have one. But it's something like $11,000. Suddenly that Barrett M107A1 doesn't look that ridiculous. And an MRAD or Merkel 1620 or SR-25 or original milled receiver Valmet in 7.62x39mm looks downright sensible.

If someone uses a watch during the commission of a crime, no one cares. You don't have to spend the next 18 months defending the right to keep and bear watches to all your friends. And family. And acquaintances thereof. And other such persons whose failure to understand and grasp the importance of the Constitution makes one wonder how they got through civics in High School, let alone through US history in college, and then law school - or whatever. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

Maybe I'm just not as 'in' to watches as other people are, so what I say regarding them vice firearms may not apply to you. But I don't judge. (Much.)
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 01-18-14 at 01:12.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Lets see a pic on your wrist man, or is your wrist secret squirrel?
    Will a mag do for now?

LOL

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    I'm loving my Orange Monster. Thanks for the suggestion, guys.
    It's a classic and essentially impossible to do better for the $$$.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Will a mag do for now?

LOL

Nice pic. They really did a nice job with that. Still, how a watch "wears" on a wrist is essential. Seen many a watch that looked great with various objects, and did not wear well on a wrist. Gone to the store many a time due to a pic, soon as I saw it on my wrist, no go.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 102 of 256 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast