Page 210 of 256 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2556

Thread: Watches

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayrevolver View Post
    I really like the Omega Seamaster Bond edition with a nato strap. Just didn't realize how expensive they were.
    They are not inexpensive watches now that's for sure. Whether "worth it" is a subjective thing, but I'd be hard pressed to pay that price with so many great choices in that price range, or less. Alternatively, one could say such a quality build, history, IHM, etc, makes them a good value compared to many others, and they'd be right too.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-16-17 at 09:41.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Very cool watch and got me looking at Seiko divers as I need something new. Despite kinda being into watches when I was younger, the NATO strap is new discovery for me. So until I get around to buying a new watch, my two current watches were both in need of new straps, I decided to pick up a couple. Glad I started paying attention to this thread.

Cheers.
    Same! Been a watch guy since I was 14 and somehow I am just now discovering NATO straps! Nice chrono classic by the way. I was going to get one when I was 14, but settled on a Wenger Alpine rally edition instead!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    Just seeing this...

Are you sure it’s a legit Sinn? Did you buy it from an AD?
    I am just now seeing this, yes, I bought it from Watchbuys.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    They are not inexpensive watches now that's for sure. Whether "worth it" is a subjective thing, but I'd be hard pressed to pay that price with so many great choices in that price range, or less. Alternatively, one could say such a quality build, history, IHM, etc, makes them a good value compared to many others, and they'd be right too.
    I love my Seamaster I bought in 1999. It was my first big watch purchase I treated myself to. It is classic. I have worn it very hard however and it still looks great. I need to get some new strong spring bars for it and start wearing it again. I threw it on a double nato strap the other week (thank goodenss) and man it looked good but then one of the spring bars quickly failed. I think they are about double what I paid for it back then. Damn.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe View Post
    I love my Seamaster I bought in 1999. It was my first big watch purchase I treated myself to. It is classic. I have worn it very hard however and it still looks great. I need to get some new strong spring bars for it and start wearing it again. I threw it on a double nato strap the other week (thank goodenss) and man it looked good but then one of the spring bars quickly failed. I think they are about double what I paid for it back then. Damn.
    Didn't have the IHM and other factors that has been responsible for the price increases in Omega. I had a quartz Seamaster in the early 90s I paid $1,400 for, which was a great watch.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Didn't have the IHM and other factors that has been responsible for the price increases in Omega. I had a quartz Seamaster in the early 90s I paid $1,400 for, which was a great watch.
    So mine being an auto, what movement do you think it is? I didn't know the price increase reflected the new IHM. Interesting. I wonder what mine would be worth on the secondary market.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fringe View Post
    So mine being an auto, what movement do you think it is? I didn't know the price increase reflected the new IHM. Interesting. I wonder what mine would be worth on the secondary market.
    Prior to their highly regarded IHM, I believe they used a modified ETA movement, but would have to look it up again. The IHM one reason for price increase to be sure, and others are just marketing related stuff and their goal of moving the brand into a higher bracket toward Rolex etc. Q new Omega will cost approx what Rolex sub would have ocst not that long ago.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Those in my family who can afford them run Rolex. Not that I can afford one, but even if I could its just not my style. My most expensive watch was a gift from my bro, a titanium Citizen Skyhawk Blue Angels. My last 3 watch purchases were a GSHock, Suunto, and a Nixon.

I didn't realize there was more than 1 Bond watch. This one is sweet and the fake I want:

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    ^^^That's a nice piece. Always been a fan of Omega's but I was suprised how much they have gone up in price. It's funny how life changes; at one time dropping a couple of grand for a watch wouldn't faze me. Now I would have a hard time spending more than $500 because of other hobbies competing for my spare dollars.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Omega Speedmaster Professional cost me $1500 from an AD in 2000. I think they are around $3700 now. That's a 5.46% annual increase.

Page 210 of 256 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast