Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Custom AR "Frankengun"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The 18" barrel you have is a lighter profile than a factory 16" HBAR from RRA. Lighter between the receiver and gas port. The PRS does make it balance nicely. The RRA barrels are much too heavy for my liking. The DD Lite Rails are very light, about the same weight as you would have if you had 12" handguards, a handguard cap, delta ring, stock barrel nut, weld spring and retaining clip. The YHM rails are heavier.

If it were me I'd send the RRA barrels to Randall (www.ar15barrels.com) to have them turned down to .650" under the handguards. If you want me to disassemble them to do that let me know (to save you some money). I can also refinish them in Norrells black when they come back (they come back raw steel unless you pay for blasting and reparking).
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    OK - I think I'm going to need to do that but it will have to wait for a while while I recover from this last rifle ... plus I have a defensive handgun class I need to take in October that's going to need some funds.

The carbine length rifle doesn't even have a chrome lined barrel ... I'm not sure of the cost for reprofiling but it may or may not be worth spending the money on reprofiling that barrel. I'd have to check the cost.

Thanks for the info, as always.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123