Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaRue Handguard attached to VLTOR MUR upper picture request...

Feedback Score

LaRue Handguard attached to VLTOR MUR upper picture request...

Anybody out there with this configuration...? I've got a VLTOR upper receiver and would like to get a Larue handguard, but have read in a few places that this config will not work...due to the MUR upper being to "beefy". I've read that since the upper is a little bigger, the anti-rotation part will not work. But, I've also read that people have made it work...

Here's my build, thus far... I received my Noveske 16.1 barrel today, now I just need a handguard to attach to the MUR.

Ideas, pics, suggestions...?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.handgunforum.net

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

closeup from another angle (username and password are both 'mm' to view pic):
    http://www.militarymorons.com/weapons/img/bobro10.jpg

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the pictures...

Did you have to do any modifications to the anti-rotation part...? I've read where people were having to file down one side of the part to make it fit.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    yup - i cut off the right hand side and had to file it to fit. or you can leave it off as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    yup - i cut off the right hand side and had to file it to fit. or you can leave it off as well.
    Is this difficult to do....? Or should I just go with a DD Lite?

This is my first build, so tools are limited... You wouldn't happen to have any pics of the "Larue anti-rotation device modification" that you did...
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Grant built me a 6.8 upper using a MUR, Noveske Recon, and a DD 12.0 M4 rail. Grant suggested using the DD rail for just this reason, and I have been very happy with it. If you're ok with modifying your LT rail, then more power to you; but if you want something of equal quality with a little less hassle, the DD should be your best bet. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have done some grinding to make a custom anti-rotation keys, but it is a PITA. Most people just leave off the key.

C4

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jswanson View Post
    Is this difficult to do....? Or should I just go with a DD Lite?

This is my first build, so tools are limited... You wouldn't happen to have any pics of the "Larue anti-rotation device modification" that you did...
    yes, it's a bit of a pain to modify by hand. i didn't take pics of the modified one uninstalled and you can't really see the mod when it's installed.
    if you leave it off, it's just as secure as a DD rail, KAC freefloat, or any handguard that don't use anti-rotation devices. you'll be happy with either one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Militarymoron, how do you like the vltor FSB/ gasblock? Thinking about a VIS build using one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i like it - no cause for complaint. i think it compliments the VIS very well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast