Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Colt 6720 Shooting to the Right

Feedback Score
    Clearly there are some diehard Colt fans and BCM fans here. What I don't understand is why people have to bash other people's favorite products to make themselves feel good. I think most of us can agree that both Colt and BCM products are pretty decent to say the least.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I would call them back and bitch. That is completely unacceptable CS for a Company with the reputation of Colt.

Feedback Score
    Well, like they say: Colt is the standard.

If turn times are days for BCM vs. 3 months for Colt, obviously BCM is falling way short of the standard.

Feedback Score
    You also have to take in to consideration the number of rifles Colt has fielded as compared to BCM and DD. Given the number of rifles sold to both the Military and Federal LE, I can understand the repair taking a bit longer, but certainly not 3-4 months.

Sorry for this bad news, OP.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This is unacceptable behavior from Colt. OP, you bought this from Clyde Armory right? Have you tried contacting them? Maybe they can help you out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostman1960 View Post
    Plus they are not very enthusiastic about their CS.

They are one of the few manufactures that will waranty service on a Form 1 lower including replacing the whole lower with one of the same serial number.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    I'm not at all interested in the 'brand X' is as good as 'brand Y' distractions personally and, to be honest, I don't believe that is the underlying intent of those responses stating that 'brand X' (BCM in this case) customer service response would certainly be far better than 'brand Y' (Colt) as stated in the O.P.

There's no debating the quality of a Colt AR - that reputation is solid. Those responses stating that Colt's response (ship back to Colt on the end users dime and wait 3 months for repair) is unacceptable are spot on. If this is the priority that Colt needs to apply to civilian customers due to military demand then so be it. It will have an impact on civilian sales if this becomes a common customer service response to civilian customers - this much is certain. The O.P.'s experience is enough to steer me away from Colt. Every firearm I own is covered by the manufacturer and the customer service reputation for each of these leaves me certain that any failure would be resolved quickly and at the manufacturers expense (assuming said failure is not due to negligence on my part).

Are the aforementioned firearms, covered by outstanding warranty and customer service, up to the same quality standard as a Colt? I can't say with certainly as I no longer own a Colt. I can say that I have never experienced any kind of failure with any of them and they see regular use, some see hard use. Since they are all capable of providing dependable, reliable service for my intended use I would say that, for me, they're all as good as the Colt firearms I have owned in the past. Given the difference in customer service experience I can't think of a good reason to give Colt my business.

While all of my firearms get used for recreational shooting I consider them to be what they are - weapons, in my case defensive weapons. Any of them might, at some time, be needed to assist in the protection of my beloved family. For this reason I consider it critical that all be in perfect working order and fully capable of functioning as intended at all times. Should one fail I want it it fixed and ready for service as fast as possible. 3 months is not as fast as possible - by the standard set by those manufacturers I trust 3 months is 2 months and 2 weeks too long to wait for a weapon to be restored to working condition and therefore completely unacceptable. This expectation may be deemed unreasonable by some respondents - that's fine by me. It's my expectation - no one else's.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    well said, Deaj.

Colt is a big company. And should act like one.

Even small busy company does better job then this.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm sure you will get your gun back in less than 3 months.

All the warranty work I have sent in has taken about a month.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I would call them back and bitch. That is completely unacceptable CS for a Company with the reputation of Colt.
    I tried. But I got the distinct impression they really didn't care. I thought about writing a letter to a higher up, but in my experience, CS agents mirror the sentiments of their supervisors. If they don't care, I'm pretty sure William Keys won't either.

I called Clyde Armory, and was told they would look into it and call me back. That was yesterday, so I'm not holding my breath. It's frustrating, but that's the way it's going to be. I tell myself they are busy making rifles for young boys trying to protect our great nation, and the people of other nations, and in the bigger picture, that's more important than one little rifle protecting a suburb of Denver.

Do you think it would be out of line to suggest to Clyde Armory if they would swap out an upper with me?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast