Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: If you only could have one handgun and one rifle or shotgun...Cliche Weapons Post

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    This thread is boring because it has no situational details.
    Okay. Here's one. You are going to the range. For whatever reason you are only taking one longarm and one pistol. You have a nice leisurely day. You BS with the old guy with the Winchester 70 and he tells youbabout the good ol'days when coke and moonpies were cheap and if his son weren't such a hippie; he'd bequeath his rifle to him. It's pleasant. Nice sunny day. You stop off at a coffee shop to buy you some frozen coffee slushies (as I call 'em) and the cute Goth girl with the tattoos is working. You tell her that it was a nice day and it's been a dry spell. She says "oh you poor dear" and scribbles her number on your cup. Knowing you are gonna get some freaky 20 y/o tang later you put on your good time SD card radio and blare Journey's Raised on the Radio and the St. Elmo's Fire theme.

LITTLE DID YOU KNOW

That the roads home are blocked. BLM and Anti-Fa have set off bombs, taken hostages and just dropped 20 cops.

And you are rolling right into it totally unaware.

Your ride and haircut SCREAMS "tax payer" and now they are coming at you. It's like Dante's Hell. The police? pinned down. The Mayor? On the first helicopter outta Dodge. National Guard? a good ways out. 911 goes to a recording.

You are on your own.

I feel confident that my 553 once stamp clears and I get a 3.5 donut ACOG and a B&T suppressor (if they get off their asses and sell them stateside) and a Glock 34 would get me around it. Compact. Could hide rifle in nondescript ruck. And I could conceal (sorta) the 34 but has more forgiving sight radius should I need to take a longer shot.

I can clamp two Sig mags together at a time. Of dubious merit but at this stage mag retention is a priority for me.

My goal is to get to friendly territory with law and order. But if I have to fight, they'll not see it coming should I have to abandon vehicle.

I'm thinking compact longarm, govt length sidearm.

Urban LRRPing I guess. In context of that scenario.

Feedback Score
    I enjoy scenario games. One pistol: glock 17 with rmr and suppressor sights
    One rifle : BCM "Jack" Carbine with Aimpoint
    And many fully loaded magazines to go with each ! Including 33rd happy sticks and 40rd magpuls
    Keeping things simple and functional with a track record of reliability.
    Oh, by the way, do I still get to keep my surefire flashlight, folder and fixed blade?
    Last edited by Evel Baldgui; 12-05-16 at 15:08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ruger Mk ii .22 l.r. and Rem 870 12 gauge, 22 inch barrel with choke tubes. I know precisely what I can and can't do with each. I would never tell the next guy that these choices would be good for him. I'm not a competent rifleman but merely a stump/dirt clod/rock shooter and stunt/plinker category. Stunt shooter? Yes. Recently I shot a flying bird with my new Expanse/Smith hybrid. A observer would have placed me in the expert category. I'm not an expert. The trained among us would say that my shooting sessions have no merit sine they are unstructured and have little value for increasing skill. Before I'm flamed for shooting a rifle at an aerial target, let me say that I was on a very high bank and shooting down at the bird. Anyway, I missed the first two shots. Also, I can't duplicate the stunt on demand. In combat a trained adversary would blow me away while I was fumbling around.
    Last edited by williejc; 12-05-16 at 15:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    Ruger Mk ii .22 l.r. and Rem 870 12 gauge, 22 inch barrel with choke tubes. I know precisely what I can and can't do with each. I would never tell the next guy that these choices would be good for him. I'm not a competent rifleman but merely a stump/dirt clod/rock shooter and stunt/plinker category. Stunt shooter? Yes. Recently I shot a flying bird with my new Expanse/Smith hybrid. A observer would have placed me in the expert category. I'm not an expert. The trained among us would say that my shooting sessions have no merit sine they are unstructured and have little value for increasing skill. Before I'm flamed for shooting a rifle at an aerial target, let me say that I was on a very high bank and shooting down at the bird. Anyway, I missed the first two shots. Also, I can't duplicate the stunt on demand. In combat a trained adversary would blow me away while I was fumbling around.
    But you DO call the hot Goth chick once you finish the scenario.....don't you?

Legend has it, she has an interesting spiderweb tattoo in an interesting place....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I recall a chick with spider webs down there but no tattoo. She was riding with me in my '66 Plymouth on a trip from Auburn, Alabama to south Mississippi. I remember she said something stupid like, "pull my hair cause I know you ain't gonna kiss me." This was 1972 or so, and I don't recall the details. I never fooled around with Gothic chicks or tattooed ladies. So, no Gothic chicks with tattoos appeared in my feeble mind as I was standing on the cliff posing with the rifle. Too, I hope I can forget about the other one.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    But you DO call the hot Goth chick once you finish the scenario.....don't you?

Legend has it, she has an interesting spiderweb tattoo in an interesting place....
    Good chuckle
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Okay. Here's one. You are going to the range. For whatever reason you are only taking one longarm and one pistol. You have a nice leisurely day. You BS with the old guy with the Winchester 70 and he tells youbabout the good ol'days when coke and moonpies were cheap and if his son weren't such a hippie; he'd bequeath his rifle to him. It's pleasant. Nice sunny day. You stop off at a coffee shop to buy you some frozen coffee slushies (as I call 'em) and the cute Goth girl with the tattoos is working. You tell her that it was a nice day and it's been a dry spell. She says "oh you poor dear" and scribbles her number on your cup. Knowing you are gonna get some freaky 20 y/o tang later you put on your good time SD card radio and blare Journey's Raised on the Radio and the St. Elmo's Fire theme.

LITTLE DID YOU KNOW

That the roads home are blocked. BLM and Anti-Fa have set off bombs, taken hostages and just dropped 20 cops.

Your ride and haircut SCREAMS "tax payer" and now they are coming at you. It's like Dante's Hell. The police? pinned down. The Mayor? On the first helicopter outta Dodge. National Guard? a good ways out. 911 goes to a recording.

You are on your own.

I feel confident that my 553 once stamp clears and I get a 3.5 donut ACOG and a B&T suppressor (if they get off their asses and sell them stateside) and a Glock 34 would get me around it. Compact. Could hide rifle in nondescript ruck. And I could conceal (sorta) the 34 but has more forgiving sight radius should I need to take a longer shot.

I can clamp two Sig mags together at a time. Of dubious merit but at this stage mag retention is a priority for me.

My goal is to get to friendly territory with law and order. But if I have to fight, they'll not see it coming should I have to abandon vehicle.

I laughed

Feedback Score

LITTLE DID YOU KNOW

You are on your own.

Is this the plot of a new Rob Zombie movie, or should it be?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Is this the plot of a new Rob Zombie movie, or should it be?
    You know what.....I may pull a Will Brink with that scenario. It'll make Ghost look like Degrassi by comparison.

Howabout that?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Guns I would like when the lights go out- fal Sa58 with folding stock, cz sp01 tactical.

Guns I own- aero/bcm ar-15 (be hard to leave my savage 99 .308 though)and mk25 threaded barrel sig.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819