Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on Colt 6720 Shooting to the Right

Feedback Score

Update on Colt 6720 Shooting to the Right

Thanks for all your suggestions on my 6720 that shoots 5" to the right @ 25 yards. I took an unused carry handle sight from one of our Colt M4's and tried it today. Unfortunately, the gun is still shooting 4-5" right at 25.

I called Colt and explained the problem. I was told to mail it back on my dime, and that I would have it back by mid March of 2011. Colt must be really busy if it's taking them 3 months to do warranty work.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's really an unacceptable turnaround. Just over a year ago I had a similar experience and it took about two months just to swap out a BCG, but at least I got them to cover the shipping.

Feedback Score
    That's absolutely rediculous. I'll cross them off my most recommended list if that is their idea of customer service. With the likes of DD, BCM, etc. that are making comparable rifles for less money there is no sense in putting up with that BS. If they are that busy let them lighten their load a bit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    When I had a problem with an upper BCM had me ship it to them on their dime and they had it back to me within 8 days after I dropped it off at UPS.

They were actually zealous about taking care of me. All of my AR products will be from BCM from now on.
    American by birth, southern by the grace of American Van Lines

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/z...l_launcher.gif

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Colt apparently has a reputation for somewhat shoddy cust. service for their civilian market. I have no experience with them so I cant personally comment, but seing posts like this makes me feel happy that BCM has my back

But, I dont want it to seem like I dont like Colt, I think theyre pretty awesome and Ive carried one for quite some time, but its issued.
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 12-06-10 at 22:05.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    That's absolutely rediculous. I'll cross them off my most recommended list if that is their idea of customer service. With the likes of DD, BCM, etc. that are making comparable rifles for less money there is no sense in putting up with that BS. If they are that busy let them lighten their load a bit.
    I am certain you won't be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostman1960 View Post
    When I had a problem with an upper BCM had me ship it to them on their dime and they had it back to me within 8 days after I dropped it off at UPS.

They were actually zealous about taking care of me. All of my AR products will be from BCM from now on.
    BCM is the best thing that ever happened to Colt. As BCM parts and rifles are "perfect substitutes" for Colt, BCM fans have to understand that the value of their BCM machines are directly tied to the market value of a Colt. The argument that BCM is just as good as Colt and costs less is an asinine statement. If BCM rifles really are just as good, why don't they command a comparable retail or residual value?

To phrase it simply, your fooling yourself if you believe that the sale of a BCM rifle is a lost sale to Colt.

Feedback Score
    Colt has spent decades building a well deserved reputation building the best rifles on the market. I don't think anyone here is going to argue that fact. But if you start to ignore the needs of your customers they will go elsewhere. History is laden with companies who have gotten fat, damn, and happy resting on their prior accomplishments only to see their competition catch up and in some cases pass them. I am not saying that is what's happening to Colt, but it's a slippery slope. We do understand we are in the midst of war and the armed forces are going to take a well deserved priority. But several months for a warranty repair is crazy. Hopefully the OP is not an LEO who is going to go without a duty rifle during that time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post

BCM is the best thing that ever happened to Colt. As BCM parts and rifles are "perfect substitutes" for Colt, BCM fans have to understand that the value of their BCM machines are directly tied to the market value of a Colt. The argument that BCM is just as good as Colt and costs less is an asinine statement. If BCM rifles really are just as good, why don't they command a comparable retail or residual value?

To phrase it simply, your fooling yourself if you believe that the sale of a BCM rifle is a lost sale to Colt.

Rabid Fanboyish at it's best. The sale of a BCM is a lost sale to Colt........ and Bushmaster......... and RRA.......... and any other AR maker. If you buy a BCM then your not buying one of the others.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MK18Pilot View Post

Colt costs more because of their name. Yes they make a good product but they are limited in what they offer to civilians. Have you ever heard of a mid length Colt? Plus they are not very enthusiastic about their CS.

If BCM was the best thing that ever happened to Colt, it is because Colt emulated BCM's price point, product variety and customer service ethos. They have done none of that.

Colt may still be the big boy in town but when their government contracts start to run out they will begin to focus on civilian sales again. When that happens they are going to find out companies like BCM have passed them up and left them in the dust when it comes to CS, variety and price.
    Last edited by ghostman1960; 12-07-10 at 06:03.
    American by birth, southern by the grace of American Van Lines

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/z...l_launcher.gif

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Rabid Fanboyish at it's best. The sale of a BCM is a lost sale to Colt........ and Bushmaster......... and RRA.......... and any other AR maker. If you buy a BCM then your not buying one of the others.
    If you say so...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast