Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster Plant to close it's doors in ME

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I read an article the other day that Maine is considered one of the very worst states to do business in. It was in the top five.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    It makes sense. There is no reason for them, Remington, and whoever else to be in different plants when they are building a lot of the same stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    I read an article the other day that Maine is considered one of the very worst states to do business in. It was in the top five.
    All of the North East is like that
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    It makes sense. There is no reason for them, Remington, and whoever else to be in different plants when they are building a lot of the same stuff.
    Sad to see for sure & sad that 73+ people are losing there jobs,,especially up that far North,,,there just isn't that much going on up there I'm sure !! On the plus side,,maybe the Jobs will come to NY Which would be good for NY and the area where the plant is in Illion NY !! (About a Hour from me) I agree also,,that alot of stuff is being made down in Illion,,a couple guys that come to Carbine Shoots that I attend work there,,and they are pretty busy down there,,just with AR stuff !!! So maybe one bad thing can turn into a good thing for someone else,,,,,time will tell I guess !!!

Feedback Score
    Another sad day for those workers and there families.

Jason

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I reckon Cerberus will have all of their BM, DPMS, and Remington production under one roof when it is all said and done and and have it all made by DPMS.

Marlin & NEF will probably be safe for a while.

Cerberus doesn't have a track record for any respect for brand loyalty, being American-made, quality, etc. They are all about how much money can they make and how quick can they make it.

Feedback Score
    Not sure about their stuff in the last couple years... but I got a 12 year old Bushy that's been running like a champ, no issues, mates to all 6 uppers that I've thrown on it.

It may look like crap since it's been spray-painted and stripped several times... but the metal is holding up with no wear/tear. Not even sure about round counts.

Sorry to heard they are closing.

~dpc

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NewbieDave View Post

Sorry to heard they are closing.
    Bushmaster is only closing their Maine facility, not their other facilities or the brand.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    With the economy and the times at hand soon other AR shops will follow.

Jason

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrt View Post

I reckon Cerberus will have all of their BM, DPMS, and Remington production under one roof when it is all said and done and and have it all made by DPMS.

Marlin & NEF will probably be safe for a while.

Cerberus doesn't have a track record for any respect for brand loyalty, being American-made, quality, etc. They are all about how much money can they make and how quick can they make it.

That doesn't bode well for AAC or Barnes, now does it?
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 12-12-10 at 14:58.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast