Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster Plant to close it's doors in ME

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Yeah it still sucks. Good jobs are tough to come by. I think they've been there for thirty years. My buddy is going to be bummed out they send him a lobster for every gun he buys.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    That doesn't bode well for AAC or Barnes, now does it?
    =============================

You never know with those "holding companies". I don't think people realize how big Cerberus is. When it is over with, everything will probably be made in Mexico or China.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrt View Post
    =============================

You never know with those "holding companies". I don't think people realize how big Cerberus is. When it is over with, everything will probably be made in Mexico or China.

Yea that is True & ya also wonder deep down inside if they "really" are "gun people" or just $$$$$ people and what there real intention is !! Hopefully just tightening there belt to pop up someplace else even bigger & better & give twice as many people jobs than what lost them !!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

BM closing

They will blame the unions and the government control, but they will keep the same amount of managers who report to supervisors who report to directors who report to the CEOs who doesn't report to anyone but makes several million a year to keep production at the same level and cut costs.
    That is not a bad thing if it is done right, Circuit City fired all their people who made more that a certain wage and hired people who would work for minimum wage. I know in my heart the genius that thought this up got a bonus and a promotion. What happened is the company went out of business in less than two years because the people they hired didn't know the product and didn't feel the need to hustle for sales because they were paid whether or not they sold anything.
    BM will open up somewhere else without their unions and when the workforce gets tired of being used like slaves and try to unionize the company will find an excuse to move to another state who will give them tax breaks for relocating.
    I assume it takes certain level of skill to machine and build any modern rifle ( not counting the AK47) so there are some places where they won't move.
    I hope they keep building rifles because we need all the gun makers we can have just to screw with the antigunners.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drrufo View Post
    the antigunners.
    You realize that these people are the same people as the union people don't you?

FAIL.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I doubt that unionized labor for a firearms factory would be anti-gun. Certainly not if they have any sense about them.

Feedback Score
    I would expect that there will only be one location making ARs for the Freedom Group when the consolidation is done. Consolidation may take years. Similar to how GM finally saw the light and stopped making umpteen different brands, of which there were 3-4 brands that had the same product rebadged and sold as a different brand.

Quote Originally Posted by drrufo View Post
    I assume it takes certain level of skill to machine and build any modern rifle ( not counting the AK47) ...
    That is a wildly ignorant statement.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 96 SS View Post
    You realize that these people are the same people as the union people don't you?

FAIL.
    You really think union steel workers and construction/manufacturing blue collar guys are anti-gun?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrt View Post
    Marlin & NEF will probably be safe for a while.
    Marlin's North Haven, CT plant is supposed to close by June 2011.

Unless you meant something else.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast