Thread: Bushmaster Plant to close it's doors in ME

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Moving this to General as it seems more fitting after page two===
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    To the best of my knowledge:
    1) Bushmaster has/had two manufacturing locations, one here in Maine and one in Arizona (the Carbon 15s were made in Arizona.)
    2) The Arizona plant has already moved.

It kinda sucks because there doesn't seem to be much for good jobs here in Maine. I don't know what the quality of the rifles were before Cerberus took over but it kinda seems like a similar situation as SIG. New head honchos move in, quality moves out.

The Bushmaster/Remington/DPMS/Cerberus situation sounds like what happened to America's steel production companies. They got bought out by people who wanted to be bankers, not steel makers.

No wonder everything is made in China!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I believe they have or had one in the South (GA?) That is what I remember when doing some research on the ACR production.

Anyway, it is not like they are up and leaving the US. Companies move and/or consolidate manufacturing all the time inside the US.

Quote Originally Posted by halo2304 View Post
    To the best of my knowledge:
    1) Bushmaster has/had two manufacturing locations, one here in Maine and one in Arizona (the Carbon 15s were made in Arizona.)
    2) The Arizona plant has already moved.

It kinda sucks because there doesn't seem to be much for good jobs here in Maine. I don't know what the quality of the rifles were before Cerberus took over but it kinda seems like a similar situation as SIG. New head honchos move in, quality moves out.

The Bushmaster/Remington/DPMS/Cerberus situation sounds like what happened to America's steel production companies. They got bought out by people who wanted to be bankers, not steel makers.

No wonder everything is made in China!
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345