Thread: Movement of gas tube?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Movement of gas tube?

Guys, I have a question for you. I purchased an upper from a quality company awhile back. I have 1000rnds through it, and it has always functions 100% no matter what type of ammo used. The rifle has been just for range work.

When cleaning last, I noticed the gas tube has up and down movement with finger pressure inside the upper receiver. The rifle has always functioned, and I have never taken the barrel off this one to investigate. I've looked at the gas block and barrel nut and everything looks good to go. Any worries?

Feedback Score
    No worries.

The gas tube should be free floating and move slightly under pressure. If the opposite was true, and your gas tube had no play in it, then you would have reason for concern.

The gas tube free-floats within the upper receiver to aid in alignment between itself and bolt carrier gas key during cycling.
    “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.” -Lao Tzu

http://quibphotography.com/

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Good to go. Just inspect the end the gas tube and the carrier key where the two mate up. So long as there's no deformation, you're fine.
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah your fine....my gas tube is the same way when i put a lil pressure on it....Although i don't think it should be "loose" per say...if u take out your BCG and shake ur gun it shouldn't rattle in there.....I would just shoot it and if your gun starts failing make the gas tube your 1st quick check.

Hey Eric , totally off subject but i've been seeing alot of people with shirts and stuff with "infidel" on it and i like the logo especially when its on a shirt with an AR. Wiki says it was originally a term Christians used for non-believers. I suspect theres some other meaning/reasoning behind it that i'm not aware of. Is there? I'm a gun nut, strong supporter of our troops, current administration hater and first and foremost a Christian. Would it be contradictory for me to wear an "infidel" shirt? lol thanks

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    PM Sent
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyboy333 View Post
    Yeah your fine....my gas tube is the same way when i put a lil pressure on it....Although i don't think it should be "loose" per say...if u take out your BCG and shake ur gun it shouldn't rattle in there.....I would just shoot it and if your gun starts failing make the gas tube your 1st quick check.

Hey Eric , totally off subject but i've been seeing alot of people with shirts and stuff with "infidel" on it and i like the logo especially when its on a shirt with an AR. Wiki says it was originally a term Christians used for non-believers. I suspect theres some other meaning/reasoning behind it that i'm not aware of. Is there? I'm a gun nut, strong supporter of our troops, current administration hater and first and foremost a Christian. Would it be contradictory for me to wear an "infidel" shirt? lol thanks
    I kind of wonder the same thing. Could you please PM me as well?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    guys, thank you for the information and fast response.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    no prob.