Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul ACS vs. VLTOR Imod

Feedback Score

Magpul ACS vs. VLTOR Imod

im thinking about changing out my magpul moe stock to some thing else. I figured for xmas id buy myself a battlecomp 1.0 and a new stock so ive narrowed it down to the ACS or imod (regular or clubfoot) itll be on my Bushy carbine patrol rifle. any suggestiions?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Try them both if possible before you buy if you can.

The features, price, and design of the EMOD, IMOD, and ACS are all fairly similar, so to me it comes down to personal preference.

My personal preference is for the VLTOR stocks of this design. It's not that the ACS is a bad stock or inferior stock, in fact its a very good stock. I just personally prefer the aesthetics, latch, negative pitch, etc of the VLTOR.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    A sound answer, to be sure. Of course, we probably should back up a bit and ask why you want to make the change in the first place. Are you trying to set the rifle up for any particular application, looking for a specific set of features, or just interested in making some changes because it's an easy upgrade?

AC

Feedback Score
    I wear facial hair so the ACS works for me, VLTORs snagging whiskers are one of the only major negatives I found when researching the two stocks. The Magpul locking feature and access to the storage compartments from the rear is nice too. YMMV

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I think a better comparison is IMod to CTR and EMod to ACS. Do want to have a lightweight stock, or a heavier one for better balance?

Feedback Score
    I LIKE IMOD OVER EMOD BECAUSE ITS LIGHTER. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH MY CTR I JUST WANT TO TRY SOMETHIMG DIFFERENT AND ITS EASY AND INEXPENSIVE COMPARED TO OTHER MODS. LIKE EVERYONE IF I HAD 200 TO SPEND ON A STOCK, OR 1500 FOR AN ACOG OR MONEY FOR A DD RAIL I WOULD BUT MONEY IS LIMITED. MY RIFLE IS USED ON DUTY AND HANG ON MY CAGE BUT I DO SHOOT ALOT WITH IT
    "IF I HAVE TO SHOOT I DONT DOUBLE TAP, I SLIDE LOCK"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I recently swapped my MagPul CTR for an iMod (clubfoot) on my "CQB" duty rifle (14.5" BCM Middy w/Eotech XPS). The "enhanced" cheek-weld of the iMod definitely makes a noticeable difference with indexing a consistent cheek-weld, which for me translates into a quicker & more accurate first shot on-target.

I like the ACS on my 16" Middy with a variable power 1-4x AccuPoint scope due to it's longer L.O.P. (Length Of Pull) when shooting from prone at distance, but for everything else in-between I like the shorter length L.O.P. of the Vltor iMod stock which offers more adjustability when running body armor. It's lighter weight is also an added benefit over the ACS.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had a CTR, switched to an Emod and then switched to the ACS

Wanted a better checkweld which is why I got the Emod but was never a fan of the latch system that VLTOR uses compared to my CTR (but having the cheekweld was a higher priority)......when the ACS came out though it was the best of both worlds for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by control_z View Post
    I wear facial hair so the ACS works for me, VLTORs snagging whiskers are one of the only major negatives I found when researching the two stocks. The Magpul locking feature and access to the storage compartments from the rear is nice too. YMMV
    Same here, plus I really like the lockup feature of Magpul stocks.
    "First gett'n shot, then gett'n married... baaaad habits"

"If you're gonna subscribe to hero worship, at least worship a real hero."
    M4Guru

Gal 2:20

Feedback Score
    nickdrak can u post some pics of ur rifles? im really stuck between the clubfoot imod or acs
    "IF I HAVE TO SHOOT I DONT DOUBLE TAP, I SLIDE LOCK"

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast