Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What works for me, my completion of a GP rifle, with a 'lil unobtanium

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunnerusmc03 View Post
    Hey derek can you enlighten me to the mods that were done to the kac flipper to keep it folded? Mine seems to have the problem after a few shots it unlocks and flips up. Does yours have one spring inside or more?

thanks

Remove the front sight blade its self, this is done by raising its elevation all the way up while keeping the detent pushed down, becareful not to pop it up in your eye...

when its tension is released, take special care to tip the rifle up side down and underneath this front sight blade a spring and a small detent should come out.

I am guessing your detent is missing, which puts pressure on the spring, the front site blade, and then causes the flip switch to have positive pressure and properly engage when down and up...

if it is missing, you'll have to jimmy rig a small detend to fit that spring to go down in the site, i dont have a picture of it other than it looks like a small fat umbrella..

Feedback Score
    thanks derek last time i looked in there ..i only had one detent so it looks like i need to scrounge up another one. Thanks !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunnerusmc03 View Post
    thanks derek last time i looked in there ..i only had one detent so it looks like i need to scrounge up another one. Thanks !

no prob - my "home remedy" is still working good thusfar...

Feedback Score
    Did some extensive shooting today @ 650yards, I wanted to see really how far a 1-4x SFP, no BDC type optic could do.

There was no wind today, we were shooting at a "half sized" man silhoutte steel target @ 650 yards, ammo was a mix of BH and Federal 77SMKs out of a 1:8twist 16inch Lilja barrel. Rifle was rested on a bag (no bipod available at the time for this setup)

After alot of come ups, consistent hits could be obtained COM with 29 clicks of elevation, and one click to the left. Clicks were 0.5inches @ 100yards on this scope, so 94inches of elevation was needed to repeat hits on steel.

I dont know the size of the reticle of the Meopta 1-4x, but it it covered damn near the head and shoulders of this half man sized target...

Once we obtained this data, it was pretty impressive what the 16inch "mouse gun" could do @ 650 with some patience and consistent trigger pull....

No pictures...dont ask.

buddy of mine was there to confirm come ups via spotting scope...

interesting day to say the least

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Schwwiiinggg! Nice boom stick...

As for 650 yards, I had to move up to my 2.5-10 NXS, as my poor eyes couldn't make my ACOG TA-11D do squat that far out...

Rmpl
    "Our destruction... will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence..."
    ...Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn View Post
    Schwwiiinggg! Nice boom stick...

As for 650 yards, I had to move up to my 2.5-10 NXS, as my poor eyes couldn't make my ACOG TA-11D do squat that far out...

Rmpl
    Funny you mentioned that...while the 1-4x works in a pinch @ 650 yards (with a massive elevation adjustement), it shines anywhere inside 400 for sure.

Which got me thinking, if I were to save some coin and go and get a 2.5-10NXS, which probably weighs just as much as the Meopta, the recce gun truly could do everything...and do it very well...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12