Thread: What's your physical fitness regiment?

Feedback Score

Question What's your physical fitness regiment?

For those who maintain some level of fitness, what is your PT/workout routine?

I normally do 50 pushups, 50 crunches 3 times a week and weight training 2 -3 times a week. I need to work on cardio. As much as I despise running, I'm going to go for a 5 mile+ fast paced walk, a slower jog, biking or rucking, to get rid of 10-15lbs and increase endurance. I really need to get back into racket ball since I loved it, played it for years, then basically gave it up when I got out of the Army (AD and Reserves) for good.

What say you?
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    I change mine every 6 or 7 weeks, but this is what I'm running now.

Monday
    - Dead lifts
    - Push ups / pull ups / bands
    - Jump rope (500)
    - Stretch

Tuesday
    - Bench
    - Push ups / pull ups / Bands
    - Stretch

Wed
    - 1mile run
    - Abs

Thursday

- Shrugs / Rows
    - Push ups / pull ups / bands

Friday

- 2 mile run
    - abs / core

Saturday

- Squats
    - Push ups / pull ups
    - .5 mile run

Sunday - Off

Monday/Wed is Kenpo night.

Sat morning is Kali/dirty boxing.

Each workout is prefaced by a warm up; joint mobility/ shadow boxing.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't have a standard workout but to keep somewhat fit I run, cycle (mountain, road and cyclocross) and play hockey. I will occasionally go to the gym (mostly when I'm traveling) but I hate it.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Other than normal 3x a week unit PT which is usually a slow 3-5 mi run, I do the following:

Monday: 10 min on treadmill at 9mph to get heart rate soaring. Then biceps and back. 30 Pull ups and then 1 mile on the track.

Tuesday: 10 min on treadmill at 9mph to get heart rate soaring. Triceps, shoulders, chest. 30 Pull ups and 150 crunches.

Wednesday: 10 min on treadmill at 9mph to get heart rate soaring. Legs and full body conditioning. 30 Pullups and 10 Min on row machine.

Thursday: 3mi boots n utes run in the Pendleton hills, usually engineer hill and radio tower hill for those in mainside.

Friday: R&R

Saturday: 1 hr in gym doing muscle conditioning.

Sunday: Same

Combined with a proper diet, thermogenic, vitamins, protein, and a strong will you can stay very fit!

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Workouts vary on what's necessary to prepare for at the time.

Some more enjoyable ones that come to mind are:

10k gasmask ruckrun (60lb ruck), followed by 10 sets of 10 pull ups, 20 pull ups, 30 4-count flutter kicks.

1mile swim, 4mile run, 1mile swim, finish with ab work

5 sets of 1mile followed by 40 overhead ammo can presses (USMC CFT style), 10 pull ups, 30 push ups, 50 sit ups.