Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bravo Co. 18" SS barrel with rifle length gas system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    I've used/owned the VIS, PRI, and TRX.

Of those three, I now only own the TRX. Each of my TRXs is the 13".
    Any pictures of the TRX?

What didn't you like about the VIS + the PRI?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by theoak View Post
    Any pictures of the TRX?

For pics, I'm sure there is something on google, I don't have pics of my rifles. In addition to google, there are the websites for Troy and VTAC.

The biggest thing for me about the VIS and PRI tubes, is the weight. The VIS obviously has 2miles of rail estate that I won't use. I only use a few inches of rail (front iron sight, flashlight, sling mount, and a laser if it's work related).

The barrel nut on the PRI is HUGE and heavy. The carbon fiber also doesn't do as well as I thought at insulating your hand from heat. I'll admit that I might have had unreasonable expectations, but it was disappointing. My old school fiberglass tube does a lot better job of heat insulation.

In addition to weight, the TRX is also much lower profile. I like this. I like that I can put small rails in only the places I need them. Since 3 of those items mount on the top, I only need to add one small rail, Bonus. With certain mounts/configurations, I could mount everything on the top rail, which I may start doing, double Bonus. One more bonus of the TRX, which some may care about, is cost.
    Last edited by NongShim; 12-14-10 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    For pics, I'm sure there is something on google, I don't have pics of my rifles. In addition to google, there are the websites for Troy and VTAC.

The biggest thing for me about the VIS and PRI tubes, is the weight. The VIS obviously has 2miles of rail estate that I won't use. I only use a few inches of rail (front iron sight, flashlight, sling mount, and a laser if it's work related).

The barrel nut on the PRI is HUGE and heavy. The carbon fiber also doesn't do as well as I thought at insulating your hand from heat. I'll admit that I might have had unreasonable expectations, but it was disappointing. My old school fiberglass tube does a lot better job of heat insulation.

In addition to weight, the TRX is also much lower profile. I like this. I like that I can put small rails in only the places I need them. Since 3 of those items mount on the top, I only need to add one small rail, Bonus. With certain mounts/configurations, I could mount everything on the top rail, which I may start doing, double Bonus. One more bonus of the TRX, which some may care about, is cost.
    Thanks for the advice....I'm going with the TRX on my 18" Bravo.

Feedback Score
    Not a 13" but a 11" TRX on a 16" M4-cut barrel.. I love this handquard.. I might even replace the Larue with a 13" when they come back in stock.. Oh yeah the barrel in top of pic is a Superior Barrels 18" SPR rifle length gas w/Hard blue. I have yet to get some good ammo through it. 75 gr hornadys shot so-so from 3/4 to 1-1/4 MOA. I need to put some seirras through it to see.
    Last edited by Dirknar; 12-14-10 at 22:51.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theoak View Post
    Any pictures of the TRX?

SPR's not a BCM, but a WOA-18". It used to wear PRI natural 12". Same upper now wears Troy/VTAC Battlerail 13" (similar to the Troy TRX).

Before :

Now :

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12