Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: discreet carry courier bag options?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,882
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

    discreet carry courier bag options?

    I'm looking for a good courier type bag for discreet carry. IWB isn't ideal for my office, so I'm looking for an alternative for the walk to and from the office. A courier bag of some type should fit the bill. Any recommendations for a high quality, practical bag that will provide a secure / discreet, but also accessible carry option?

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    2,747
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It doesn't get much more discreet than this in a casual business environment:



    http://www.boytharness.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=591

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    839
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I'm looking for a good courier type bag for discreet carry. IWB isn't ideal for my office, so I'm looking for an alternative for the walk to and from the office. A courier bag of some type should fit the bill. Any recommendations for a high quality, practical bag that will provide a secure / discreet, but also accessible carry option?

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Really anything that's purpose made for carry will probably be made of nylon and be covered in MOLLE/PALS. You're more than likely going to have to press something else into service, you may have to get creative and stich some Velcro on an inner panel to attach a holster of some sort. Get something that everyone else in your office uses and stick one of those bright luggage tags on it so someone doesn't accidentaly pick yours up. However I'd advise against off body carry and maybe look into a different deep concealment method or hideout gun or both.

    FWIW, I'm just a regular dude & I don't carry at work JMHO.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A-stan or MI or _________
    Posts
    3,576
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...gory-messenger

    The North Face outlet near my house had the Base Camp Small, which is still pretty big. It was on sale for $50. They are a good deal on a messenger bag made from really durable material. It's similar to the heavy duty PVC coated Nylon.

    Don't buy a "discrete bag" from a tactical company if you want be low pro.
    Keep your faith in God, but keep your powder dry. (Oliver Cromwell)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,882
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I may need to check REI for the North Face bag. Ideally, I would like a purpose built bag, designed for quick access and with a means to securely hold my pistol in place. Fortunately, I have a means to lock up the pistol & bag while in the office, so it won't be accessible by just anyone who strolls by my desk.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    839
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I may need to check REI for the North Face bag. Ideally, I would like a purpose built bag, designed for quick access and with a means to securely hold my pistol in place. Fortunately, I have a means to lock up the pistol & bag while in the office, so it won't be accessible by just anyone who strolls by my desk.
    If you're going to lock it away in a desk drawer have you considered one of those "day planner" look-alike gun cases?

    For messenger bags, I like Timbuk2, I use one of their totes as a discreet range bag for my pistol. On top of being high quality bags they're mostly USA made. I picked mine up at REI on clearance.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 12-14-10 at 09:33.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Within the Miasma of the corruption of Chicago.
    Posts
    164
    Feedback Score
    0
    I think the Blue Force Gear DAP Accessories should allow you to convert just about any regular bag to your needs.

    http://www.blueforcegear.com/product...rt-Insert.html

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,882
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    If you're going to lock it away in a desk drawer have you considered one of those "day planner" look-alike gun cases.
    Not really, I need a bag to serve double duty for also carrying files, etc.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    7,729
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    These Maxpedition bags may be of interest to you: http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...?idCategory=13

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,882
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I looked at Maxpedition last night. They would work well, but are a little too tactical in appearance. I need to look at Eagle also, but their site was down for maintenance last night.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    6,281
    Feedback Score
    0
    The gray Eagle LE Courier Bag is excellent and discreet, lacking tactical tells. I've used mine with great success in non-permissive environments. I think I posted a review or pics of mine here once. Recommended.

    On a large metro university campus recently, I couldn't swing a stick without hitting a Timbuk2 messenger bag. It was as if they had given them away or air dropped them. If you order them, you can customize the colors to suit.

    As always, access to your gun when off body is slow and requires two hands, one of which may not be available. All fall short in some way, and there aren't really any that truly distinguish themselves for speed/ease of presentation.
    Last edited by Skintop911; 12-14-10 at 14:23.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    Hi Point 9mm, Lorcin .22, Bushmaster Carbon 15, Norinco SKS, Leapers 10x

    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,882
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    The gray Eagle LE Courier Bag is excellent and discreet, lacking tactical tells. I've used mine with great success in non-permissive environments. I think I posted a review or pics of mine here once. Recommended.

    On a large metro university campus recently, I couldn't swing a stick without hitting a Timbuk2 messenger bag. It was as if they had given them away or air dropped them. If you order them, you can customize the colors to suit.

    As always, access to your gun when off body is slow and requires two hands, one of which may not be available. All fall short in some way, and there aren't really any that truly distinguish themselves for speed/ease of presentation.
    Does anyone know if the Eagle LE Courier bag is still available? I haven't been able to get onto the Eagle website for a couple of days.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Lost in VA
    Posts
    429
    Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Check out usgruntgear.com. It looks like there might be a few bags on the site that would work for you. They will also take on custom design jobs for an extra fee.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Boston-ish
    Posts
    6,075
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I looked at Maxpedition last night. They would work well, but are a little too tactical in appearance..
    I have 3 bags from them. They are the sh&%. Well designed, built to last, comfortable. As you say, tactical looking however, which is not an issue for me, but would stick out in a business environment.
    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com

    Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

    www.OptimalSWAT.com


    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    27
    Feedback Score
    0

    i looked at eagle discreet case

    i like what the le eagle case looks like anyone have one to sell here?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,882
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by anchor View Post
    i like what the le eagle case looks like anyone have one to sell here?
    I have been looking around for one, but haven't had any luck.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,882
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    The gray Eagle LE Courier Bag is excellent and discreet, lacking tactical tells. I've used mine with great success in non-permissive environments. I think I posted a review or pics of mine here once. Recommended.

    On a large metro university campus recently, I couldn't swing a stick without hitting a Timbuk2 messenger bag. It was as if they had given them away or air dropped them. If you order them, you can customize the colors to suit.

    As always, access to your gun when off body is slow and requires two hands, one of which may not be available. All fall short in some way, and there aren't really any that truly distinguish themselves for speed/ease of presentation.
    I have been looking at the timbuk2 bags. Does anyone know if they are accessible without opening the top flap? The description says it has a side entry zipper, but I can't find any details.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Midwest, USA
    Posts
    6,281
    Feedback Score
    0
    Found an old pic of my LE Courier loaded:

    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    Hi Point 9mm, Lorcin .22, Bushmaster Carbon 15, Norinco SKS, Leapers 10x

    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    2,882
    Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Found an old pic of my LE Courier loaded:

    If it weren't for the reviews and pics here on M4C, I wouldn't believe these even exist! They aren't on the Eagle site any longer, so I'm afraid that they may be discontinued.

    Still looking for other discreet options. So many of the messenger bags available for c/c are obviously designed first as a tactical bag and aren't very discreet.

    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •