View Poll Results: Would you suggest IWB carry with a WML?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • I would suggest carrying IWB with a WML in regards to comfortability on a day to day basis.

3 42.86%
  • I would NOT suggest carrying IWB with a WML in regards to comfortability on a day to day basis.

4 57.14%

Thread: IWB - Pros & Cons of WML.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

IWB - Pros & Cons of WML.

I CCW a G19 and have never used a weapon mounted light for my daily carry. Currently I'm using a Comp-Tac MTAC that I've been happy with but I'm exploring other options.

I'm now looking at purchasing a RCS Phantom and am considering getting the light mounted version for an X300. I know there are a couple threads from 2009 covering the topic but none of them go into great detail about CCW'ing with a light and there's a lot of typical "do it" comments that aren't very constructive or enlightening.

What are people's thoughts in terms of light or no light for CCW in terms of comfort and everyday wear? What about comfort while driving? Extra weight and bulk worth the advantages? Are the disadvantages worth it when considering the odds of actually having to pull your weapon or are you better off with just a hand held light? Any and all helpful, useful and insightful comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    i have a g19 with a TLR-1. It never leaves the weapon. I carried it in a custom hybrid ITW holster and it worked well. I now carry it on a OTW Kolbeson Leatherworks Kydex Holster.

My backup i carry a small coleman cr123 powered, 135 lumen flashlight and a glock 26

eta: i carry at about 3-4 o'clock position. i detest 5-sob
    Last edited by calicojack; 12-18-10 at 17:18.

Feedback Score
    Personally I have no problems concealing my G19 with X300 IWB with my RCS. I'm a big fan of having the WML. I believe one also needs to carry a handheld light as well. The old one is none two is one holds some truth here.

Some of it might depend on body shape/size, but I think the resolution is a good belt and holster. I'm a big guy (6'6"/295), but have friends who wear the same set up as I who are a lot smaller (5'8"/160) with the same success.

I have sat in a car driving for 12 plus hours with my current setup and have not have any more or less discomfort from wearing an IWB holster with or without a WML. To me there are far more advantages with than without.

Worse case scenario is that with the high demand for the RCS you could always put it on the EE and sell it within a day if it doesn't happne to work for you.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JackOSU View Post
    Worse case scenario is that with the high demand for the RCS you could always put it on the EE and sell it within a day if it doesn't happne to work for you.
    Not a bad idea, that's what I did with my CCC Shaggy as AIWB did not work out with it.