Thread: Barrel modifications

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Barrel modifications

So here is the thing, I have a Colt H-Bar barrel, 16 inch, I just put a rail system on the rifle, and changed out the stock, and so forth.

I am finding that the front of the rifle is really heavy.

So was wondering if getting it fluted or having the barrel profile changed to lighten it up a little would help.

The thing about this change, that has me worried is how does this affect the barrel overall?? Round count on the barrel is low, not even 100 rounds yet through the pipe.

Would like to get it lightened up. Or just buy a new Colt barrel???

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ADCO can reprofile the barrel for you and mill it down to whatever you want. Govt profile or lightweight are the most popular ones now. Since your barrel is practically new, no point to go out and buy a new one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    you can try a different (=lighter) rail system or have the barrel reprofiled as already said
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ADCO does wonderful work and having the barrel re-profiled or fluted should not harm it in any way.

They have good prices, fast turn around, and their workmanship is top notch. They have done work for me in the past to include re-profiling a barrel and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

-RD62