Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 7 of 61

Thread: Pics of 100% USA Made Glock (56K beware)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North GA
    Posts
    131
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Pics of 100% USA Made Glock (56K beware)

    I recently had an opportunity to look at a made in the USA Glock 17. This pistol is #32 of the first 100 made.

    Some notes about the differences from an Austria pistol:
    -Slide is marked "USA" instead of "Austria"
    -Barrel is marked on top of hood with the caliber and Glock symbol on top of hood. Additional is the "US" marking.
    -Frame is the same as other USA made frames and includes only "Glock, Inc. Smyrna, GA."
    -Serial number is four letters and three numbers, the first serial letters being AAAA.

    Some other notes:
    -The finish is the new dull gray finish. Glock is going to this finish worldwide. All USA guns will be this finish only (no tennifer finish performed in US).
    -As of right now, the guns are designated export only by Glock, however owning one is not prohibited. The USA made guns have been shipped overseas for a few foreign national police forces/military contracts.

    I thought I'd share with you all the cool opportunity I had to view this pistol.

    And now the pics...








    "Who Dares Wins"

    Account Manager - Nightforce Optics

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    365
    Feedback Score
    0
    I notice that the rail section of the frame still curves up at the end where it meets the barrel end of the slide. My "Austrian" G21's are the same way. I do not have lights on mine, but I am curious if this shoots the light up at all verses what it would do if the rail was straight and in line with the slide.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    758
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How does this slide treatment compare to tenifer?

    If unfavorably, I may have to go buy a G17 while everything that has worked before is still available.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    West of the Atlantic
    Posts
    1,726
    Feedback Score
    0
    And a brand new very expensive facility to manufacture a US made 5.56. Let the rumors continue......

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    414
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    And a brand new very expensive facility to manufacture a US made 5.56. Let the rumors continue......
    Oh snap...
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. - Ayn Rand

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Niantic CT
    Posts
    1,964
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Let me see if I have this right. They are making Glocks in the U.S. to export to a foreign country while at the same time they are making Glocks in a foreign country and importing them it the U.S...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    345
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadcapMagician View Post
    I recently had an opportunity to look at a made in the USA Glock 17. This pistol is #32 of the first 100 made.

    Some notes about the differences from an Austria pistol:
    -Slide is marked "USA" instead of "Austria"
    -Barrel is marked on top of hood with the caliber and Glock symbol on top of hood. Additional is the "US" marking.
    -Frame is the same as other USA made frames and includes only "Glock, Inc. Smyrna, GA."
    -Serial number is four letters and three numbers, the first serial letters being AAAA.

    Some other notes:
    -The finish is the new dull gray finish. Glock is going to this finish worldwide. All USA guns will be this finish only (no tennifer finish performed in US).
    -As of right now, the guns are designated export only by Glock, however owning one is not prohibited. The USA made guns have been shipped overseas for a few foreign national police forces/military contracts.

    I thought I'd share with you all the cool opportunity I had to view this pistol.

    And now the pics...
    What? Did someone tell you this personally? Tennifer is one of Glock's trademark features.

    Quote Originally Posted by harrell macabe View Post
    I notice that the rail section of the frame still curves up at the end where it meets the barrel end of the slide. My "Austrian" G21's are the same way. I do not have lights on mine, but I am curious if this shoots the light up at all verses what it would do if the rail was straight and in line with the slide.
    Some people call that the "pig nose" look. Many Glocks have his, so I don't think its anything bad.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •