Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of 100% USA Made Glock (56K beware)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Pics of 100% USA Made Glock (56K beware)

I recently had an opportunity to look at a made in the USA Glock 17. This pistol is #32 of the first 100 made.

Some notes about the differences from an Austria pistol:
    -Slide is marked "USA" instead of "Austria"
    -Barrel is marked on top of hood with the caliber and Glock symbol on top of hood. Additional is the "US" marking.
    -Frame is the same as other USA made frames and includes only "Glock, Inc. Smyrna, GA."
    -Serial number is four letters and three numbers, the first serial letters being AAAA.

Some other notes:
    -The finish is the new dull gray finish. Glock is going to this finish worldwide. All USA guns will be this finish only (no tennifer finish performed in US).
    -As of right now, the guns are designated export only by Glock, however owning one is not prohibited. The USA made guns have been shipped overseas for a few foreign national police forces/military contracts.

I thought I'd share with you all the cool opportunity I had to view this pistol.

And now the pics...

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless." -Kenny Powers

Project Manager - Nightforce Optics

Feedback Score
    I notice that the rail section of the frame still curves up at the end where it meets the barrel end of the slide. My "Austrian" G21's are the same way. I do not have lights on mine, but I am curious if this shoots the light up at all verses what it would do if the rail was straight and in line with the slide.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How does this slide treatment compare to tenifer?

If unfavorably, I may have to go buy a G17 while everything that has worked before is still available.

Feedback Score
    And a brand new very expensive facility to manufacture a US made 5.56. Let the rumors continue......

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    And a brand new very expensive facility to manufacture a US made 5.56. Let the rumors continue......
    Oh snap...
    The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. - Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by harrell macabe View Post
    I notice that the rail section of the frame still curves up at the end where it meets the barrel end of the slide. My "Austrian" G21's are the same way. I do not have lights on mine, but I am curious if this shoots the light up at all verses what it would do if the rail was straight and in line with the slide.
    I've heard that if you put the rail in boiling water for a couple minutes, you can flatten and hold till it cools, and that will straighten it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Let me see if I have this right. They are making Glocks in the U.S. to export to a foreign country while at the same time they are making Glocks in a foreign country and importing them it the U.S...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Let me see if I have this right. They are making Glocks in the U.S. to export to a foreign country while at the same time they are making Glocks in a foreign country and importing them it the U.S...
    doesn't make a lick of sense does it? I think it may have something to do with Austria not being able to export some guns to certain country's
    Last edited by sparky241; 12-17-10 at 11:14.
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

- I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery

Feedback Score
    I would bet that the "finish" is Melonite QPQ (aka Isonite QPQ), which is practically the same thing as Tenifer.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and there is the land of Bliss. ~ Miyamoto Musashi

DISCLOSURE: I represent SECRET CITY WEAPONEERS, purveyor of K-25 Multi-Role Concealment Holsters. I may, therefore, be biased...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    As per our Glock rep, the US facilities have been used to produce weapons for US .mil customers, who can't buy imported Glocks.

I buy that story much more than I buy them exporting these.

EDIT: Disregard, I think I get fed bad info, and they are used for export primarily.
    Last edited by Jim D; 09-04-11 at 11:19.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast