Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of 100% USA Made Glock (56K beware)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    As per our Glock rep, the US facilities have been used to produce weapons for US .mil customers, who can't buy imported Glocks.

I buy that story much more than I buy them exporting these.

EDIT: Disregard, I think I get fed bad info, and they are used for export primarily.
    Last edited by Jim D; 09-04-11 at 11:19.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I predict right now that there will soon be a premium on "austrian tennefer" glocks.

Feedback Score
    What is the advantage of this new finish vs the tennifer?

So "our" Glocks still going to be made in Austria, and these are made for countries that Austria doesn't like?

Can't imagine we allow arm shipments to someone Austria prohibits.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I definitely would NOT want an American Made glock. If I want something unreliable, I'll buy a 1911!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I do not care for the new finish. Not at all.

Glock has had a few variations of their factory finish over time. The older Gen1 and Gen2 guns often had a dull matte finish. My favorite is the fairly slick black they've been using for the last few years.

The story I got was that the traditional Glock Tennifer could not be applied in the US due to our EPA's regulations (similar to Sig not be allowed to apply Ilaflon in the US). The US finish appears to be some variation of Melonite.

I had a G22 Gen 4 (I'm already rid of it...did not care for it) with the new finish and found that it attracted dirt and grime on the interior of the slide and was almost porous making bitch to get clean.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltblitz View Post
    The story I got was that the traditional Glock Tennifer could not be applied in the US due to our EPA's regulations (similar to Sig not be allowed to apply Ilaflon in the US). The US finish appears to be some variation of Melonite.
    I know next to nothing about the new Glocks, but it is true that it's virtually impossible to do the nitrocarburization process (Tenifer) in the US. It's an EPA thing, as the chemical baths used for it are HIGHLY toxic.

And yeah, that does look like Melonite.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I definitely would NOT want an American Made glock. If I want something unreliable, I'll buy a 1911!!!
    hmmm.... My first thoughts flashed to the story of US made Sigs....

Also interested in the new finish

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltblitz View Post
    This is what I was told when my G26 was on backorder. Rumor or not I don't know, but I do favor Tennifer finish over the m&p's, bluing, and the rest that I have seen.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Really...where's you rifle/carbine made?

Feedback Score
    I accidentally ran a file over my Gen 4 slide and it didn't scratch. But I think I scratched it with sandpaper. Not sure how that works.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast