Thread: What Lights work on a 3rd Gen G23?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What Lights work on a 3rd Gen G23?

I had a m6 light that would first fly off after a few rounds, and still would, and would also cause failures to Feed, the slide would catch the round halfway up the casing. This was when was an insight. Since then I have traded it, but what lights can I use.

I was told it was because of the polymer's natural "flex", either being inhibited or altered causing the problems. What about the surefire? Anyone w/ a 3rd Gen G23 chime in?

Feedback Score
    Glock GTL-10
    Ugly light, but completely functional and inexpensive.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Generation 3 .40 caliber Glocks and mounted lights are an "iffy" proposition, regardless of the make and model of the light used. Sometimes the combination will work fine. Sometimes it won't. Some combos will be fine in the beginning, and then later malfunctions will begin. The root cause can be traced to frame flex (actually, lack of flex with the light attached) and slide velocity. There is no 100% cure or fix. As a matter of fact, this issue was one of the main drivers behind the development and introduction of the Generation 4 design for Glocks in .40 S&W. There has been good discussion previously on this issue in the attached threads:

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?...ht=glock+light

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?...ht=glock+light

Feedback Score
    The only light I will run my G22 with is a Glock Light. I have never had any weapon reliability issues with the GL attatched.

The light...that is a different story. They are junk.

Sorry, my G23 in a Gen 2, so no input there.

The G17/19's run with any light you put on them.