Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of 100% USA Made Glock (56K beware)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Question

US made GLOCKs huh. . .

I wonder if now were are going to see the G25 and G28 here?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Spoke to Glock rep. at ITOA conference in November where he had a Gen 4 G35. It had the new finish and it is applied here in the U.S. He said it was supposed to be as durable as tenifer, that remains to be seen, but I do like the looks of it, reminds me of the older Glocks, with a parkerized finish.

I hope it is as tough because nobody buys a Glock for how it looks.

Feedback Score
    Does the new finish have an exterior finish applied over it (e.g., parkerizing) or are we looking at te new fininsh in the pics? It's my understanding with a current new Glock in the case, you aren't looking at the tennifer. There's supposed to be a covering finish applied on top of the tennifer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    I know next to nothing about the new Glocks, but it is true that it's virtually impossible to do the nitrocarburization process (Tenifer) in the US. It's an EPA thing, as the chemical baths used for it are HIGHLY toxic.

And yeah, that does look like Melonite.
    It isn't imposible, it is just that you would likely become a Haz Waste generator and have to pay a high disposal fee.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    I know next to nothing about the new Glocks, but it is true that it's virtually impossible to do the nitrocarburization process (Tenifer) in the US. It's an EPA thing, as the chemical baths used for it are HIGHLY toxic.

And yeah, that does look like Melonite.
    Check this out. Should put tennifer in US to rest. www.finishing.com/324/69.shtml
    Last edited by 300WM; 12-17-10 at 18:22. Reason: misspell

Feedback Score
    I've seen the big blue barrels of the proprietary salts used, and on the side of them, it reads, "MELONITE/TENIFER."
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and there is the land of Bliss. ~ Miyamoto Musashi

DISCLOSURE: I represent SECRET CITY WEAPONEERS, purveyor of K-25 Multi-Role Concealment Holsters. I may, therefore, be biased...

Feedback Score
    I'll weigh in and say that I'm less interested in the finish of the US made Glock; but I'm very interested in the steels/materials used and tolerances/specifications being kept. A side-by-side comparison of the US made Glock vs it's Austrian brethren would be useful.
    As and aside, what is the cost of the US made Glock?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr-fan View Post
    I'll weigh in and say that I'm less interested in the finish of the US made Glock; but I'm very interested in the steels/materials used and tolerances/specifications being kept. A side-by-side comparison of the US made Glock vs it's Austrian brethren would be useful.
    As and aside, what is the cost of the US made Glock?
    I believe I read somewhere today that the bar stock for the Glock slides is being imported to US, so if it is true, it should be made of the same stock.
    Last edited by 300WM; 12-17-10 at 20:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart View Post
    Does the new finish have an exterior finish applied over it (e.g., parkerizing) or are we looking at te new fininsh in the pics? It's my understanding with a current new Glock in the case, you aren't looking at the tennifer. There's supposed to be a covering finish applied on top of the tennifer.
    That is my understanding as well. I like the newer finish as it is similar to what Glock used to use way back when. The finish prior to this new stuff is rather slick in the hand compared to what was originally used and what Glock is going back to.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    US made GLOCKs huh. . .

I wonder if now were are going to see the G25 and G28 here?
    Glock has been making the G17/22/31 sized frames here in the US for several years now. More recently they started making the 19/23/32 frames here too so it's possible, since the frame is the firearm, that we could see a G25 and possibly a G28 because they could get around the ATF Import issues with US made frames.

Now, whether or not the market is there in order to make it worthwhile to Glock is another story.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast