Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of 100% USA Made Glock (56K beware)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Now, whether or not the market is there in order to make it worthwhile to Glock is another story.
    That is the question that is begged to be asked.

After the last POTUS election .380 was one of the first calibers to dry up and the hardest to find. I contribute this to a market where that caliber is not supported very well (i.e. manufactures just don't make it compared to 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 Sig, and .45 ACP) and the advent of some popular handguns such as the Ruger LCP, Diamondback DB380.

Personally I have no use for a .380.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Personally I have no use for a .380.
    Me either BUT if Glock did make and sell them here in the US I'd buy one of each for the "collection" because I'm a Glock whore.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    So is this akin to Exeter Sigs? If so, I better snatch up some foreign guns before the US gets their corner-cutting hands on em.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    Me either BUT if Glock did make and sell them here in the US I'd buy one of each for the "collection" because I'm a Glock whore.
    They would be fast movers, I know several GLOCK "collectors" that would love to complete the line up.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    And a brand new very expensive facility to manufacture a US made 5.56. Let the rumors continue......
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolBreeze View Post
    As per our Glock rep, the US facilities have been used to produce weapons for US .mil customers, who can't buy imported Glocks.

I buy that story much more than I buy them exporting these.
    Which may be why they removed a small mountain behind the Smyrna facility for the construction of a rather large, high dollar manufacturing facility to produce......rifles?

Feedback Score
    I'll happily buy a 100% US made Gen. 3 Glock 17, if they'll let me at one. I have zero interest in a .380 Glock.
    Last edited by Seraph; 12-17-10 at 22:24.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and there is the land of Bliss. ~ Miyamoto Musashi

DISCLOSURE: I represent SECRET CITY WEAPONEERS, purveyor of K-25 Multi-Role Concealment Holsters. I may, therefore, be biased...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
    This is what I was told when my G26 was on backorder. Rumor or not I don't know, but I do favor Tennifer finish over the m&p's, bluing, and the rest that I have seen.
    since when is the M&P blued?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    since when is the M&P blued?
    I never said it was.

I meant the m&p's finish, bluing in general, and the the rest of the finishes I am familiar with such as nickel finish. I have no experience with np3 or anything that new or less-widely used.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
    I never said it was.

I meant the m&p's finish, bluing in general, and the the rest of the finishes I am familiar with such as nickel finish. I have no experience with np3 or anything that new or less-widely used.
    the M&P is melonite, which supposedly is, from an end user perspective, equivalent to tenifer.
    smith and wesson did have some teething problems with the process though, so your concern certainly isn't unwarranted.

i wont' be the first in line for a USA glock, but i don't see why the pistols couldn't be produced correctly here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not to suggest that Glocks are absolutely perfect, just saying there are so few parts to begin with I would imagine if corners were cut by US beancounters the guns may not work out of the box.

Chris

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast