Thread: X Camo VS. Multicam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

X Camo VS. Multicam

I apologize if this has been covered before, i tried using the search tool and it came up with nothing.

my question:

what is your input on X-Camo versus Mulitcam?

x-camo: http://www.militaryoutdoorclothing.com/home.php?cat=90
    multicam: http://www.multicampattern.com/

I am trying to find an all around platform and from what i gather, that platform is multicam. i ran across this xcamo, and thought "digital multicam".

i am thinking that the original multicam would break up the wearers outline better due to the larger softer patterns versus the digital smaller more defined pattern.

suggestions???

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Ive only seen the multicam in person, my brother swears by multicam (he just got back from Iraq).

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    good luck finding ANYONE who stocks quality gear in x-camo. most companies are going to make you source your own material, purchase it, and send it to them in order to make you anything in it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think the larger tonal blocks of the multicam help break up outlines and shpe better than the x-cam. it seems like anything with a small pattern tends to blend into a single color at a distance. maybe that's the idea, that the single color will appear as the predominant background color but I don't know enough about it to tell...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    I think the larger tonal blocks of the multicam help break up outlines and shpe better than the x-cam. it seems like anything with a small pattern tends to blend into a single color at a distance. maybe that's the idea, that the single color will appear as the predominant background color but I don't know enough about it to tell...
    this is what i was thinking..there are pictures on the web of multicam blending into objects near AND far...

Feedback Score
    X-Cam has black in it. Thats a major no-no in the world of camo.

Otherwise its major problem seems to be its got so many colors in such a small pattern. Multicam has 6ish colors in it, but they are big and small splotches. That makes it work so well.

AOR-1 really seems to work in Arid enviroments because its three colors and therefore it has bigger splotches of color.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
    good luck finding ANYONE who stocks quality gear in x-camo. most companies are going to make you source your own material, purchase it, and send it to them in order to make you anything in it.
    Bingo.
    It doesn't matter how much better a given pattern is over another if you can't get your gear in that pattern.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a few sets of both. I prefer the genuine Multicam.

Feedback Score
    SMETNA ,

Thanks! why do you prefer the genuine multicam though? just wondering to try and get a few perspectives on both...

Has anyone had any experience with M.O.C in terms of the quality of their products???