Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bipod question.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Bipod question.

I have been using a harris bipod on my SCAR 16 for shooting at my local range, off of a bench. I put on a vertical grip and my knuckles hit the harris bipod. If you own a SCAR you know there isnt too much length on the bottom rail for a VG and bipod. I know there are rail extensions out there, im not getting one. I have seen GG&G and atlas bipods, I will not spend that kind of money on my bipod Ill occasionally use. I saw a CAA bipod and wondered if they are decent or crap? It looks like it would fit nicely on the SCAR.
    Last edited by 1stIDvet; 12-21-10 at 09:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1stIDvet
    I have seen GG&G and atlas bipods, I will not spend that kind of money on my bipod Ill occasionally use. I saw a CCA bipod and wondered if they are decent or crap? It looks like it would fit nicely on the SCAR.
    "CCA" or CAA? If the latter (Command Arms Accessories), there's not much praise for it here on M4C. Of course, I stand to be corrected.

Feedback Score
    I was issued a Grippod (oddly enough when I was attached to 1 ID). Worked fairly well. I wouldn't trust the bipod on surfaces that aren't flat, but that's just me. Since space is a premium for you, this may be what you are looking for.

http://www.grippod.com/grip-pods.html

SOS
    With Skill, Knowledge & Determination, YOU WILL PREVAIL!
    Join our Facebook Fan Page for Specials, Updates and Discounts!
    Questions? m4c@skdtac.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sorry, I meant CAA. I know that company doesn't have a lot of respect from a lot of places, there known for making cheap parts. I was thinking maybe this was actually a good product.

-I was also Issued a grip pod, for some reason I was never a fan, seemed to bulky to me, just wasn't comfortable.

Thanks for the input so far.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Either Magpul or Tango Down make a bipod that mounts to the rail, I've never used it so I can't give any info on it. Another option is using an assault pack for a rest, they are way more stable than a bipod on the ground, especially once the legs start sinking in. I'm not a bipod fan personally. Another option is shooting sticks, no mounting needed.

Feedback Score
    I don't see how another brand will solve your space problem and using a pack with a VFG can be problematic too.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    what's that bipod that mounts to the top rail?
    NevadaGunOwners.com | Reno4x4.com | GOA Life Member

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    How about the Vltor ModPod? Mounts to the side rails.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redhat View Post
    I don't see how another brand will solve your space problem and using a pack with a VFG can be problematic too.
    I can see why you would say that. The harris is very bulky with a collapsed stock and if you look at the CAA it is has more smooth curves and isn't as bulky, its hard to explain unless you look at both mounted on an AR or similar.. The CAA is slightly similar to the VLTOR bipod. The vltor is nice but again costly.

I like the idea of using an assault pack, I've used sand bags, why not a pack? Thanks for the ideas everyone. I really dont like shooting off of a bench and I have to get use to it because in my shit state of IL there isn't a lot of ranges around me and I have to make due what what I have.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    You should check out shooting sticks, no mounting needed and you can make your own with 3 sticks or dowels and some 550 cord if you don't want to spend money on pre made ones. They work good, and even out the weight better then bipods.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast