Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X Camo VS. Multicam

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    1) The digital patterns stand out at close-range. It's not natural.
    2) The collar ripped on my x-camo top, with 1 wash cycle and about 12 hours worth of wear. Not cool.
    3) There are no LBE's, Vests, pouches, or anything else in X-camo. This isn't a big deal to me though, just a minor hit against xcamo. Anyone who needs every little piece of gear to color coordinate is a poseur.
    4) MOC uses thin/cheap fabric IMO. And since they're the only ones making xcamo, you have no choice. Lots of companies make multicam gear out of a plethora of materials. Rip-stop, cordura nylon, whatever. I have a thicker set for brisk weather, and a lightweight thin set for dead of summer.

A plus for Xcamo though, is this:

It's not all that popular. If you want an effective set of unique camo fatigues that don't look like everyone else's, look no farther.

I hope this helps.
    haha!!! i dont mind following the 'trend' when it comes to camo. its not trendy because its cool, its trendy because its efficient.

this is kind of what i was thinking while looking at it online, however, i have no experience with MOC so i dont know how thier stuff holds up. this is good to know! Thanks SMETNA

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    The effectiveness of Multicam comes from the digital fades, you lose that with "X Camo."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't know if it is the same stuff but I saw some Chinese vendor at the SHOT Show this past January that had something similar if not the same -- a Digital MC more or less.

Chinese vendor == red flags (no pun intended)
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Is that cammo the same that 511 sells? It looks very similar but, I'd still go with Multicam or even a faded set of BDUs.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    if you do the research. multicam was developed by military Optical and neurological scientists during the FFW trials as an end all be all camouflage (for now) and is designed to confuse the brain via optical inputs with digitally blended, naturally occurring colors. hence the reason there is no black in the pattern.

this is why multicam is so good and after its initial release, everybody and there brother wanted it.

i had one of the first 500 units of the combat shirt and combat pants, and had first hand training experience with one of the prototype armor carriers thanks to greg thompson, and angie from crye precision, and can say first hand it is the best camo on the market in the world.

everything else is a sad, poor quality copy, that can never live up to the patented CP multicam simply because its patented.

from what i can see on the sites pictures, the x-camo has some dark colors (maybe black) and the pattern is much to small, resembling ACU. my guess would be that in a desert or jungle enviroment it would stand out to much due to the very tight grouping of multiple colors.

if you really want the best, go with the multicam.
    Last edited by Vash1023; 12-20-10 at 19:56.
    "I must study politics and war so that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy."
    -John Adams
    "The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Albert Einstein
    “Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12