Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 700 bolt knob: install yourself!

Feedback Score

700 bolt knob: install yourself!

http://www.kineticresearchgroup.com/...s/boltlift.php

If you don't want to drop $100 on a knob and install, this looks like one of the best $30 bits I've seen for the 700.

seen at snipershide.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Thanks for the info. I think I would have to try one before I buy one. The knob looks like its really close to the stock and I wonder how it works on other stocks.

Feedback Score
    That's one of our products. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them. You can check on snipershide for feedback from guys who have bought them. Guys have been happy so far. Thanks,
    Justin
    Former Magpul R&D/Designer of Massoud

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Massoud View Post
    Guys have been happy so far. Thanks,
    Justin
    add me to that list. it's a fantastic product. i received mine just a few hours ago and took it out to shoot off a few rounds in the backyard. it does as advertised. It's all of a one minute install, and locks up solid (and i mean real solid) with the supplied hardware and o-rings. I did not use the epoxy to permanently attach the bolt knob. It seems like it's huge in pictures but in real life it's the perfect size bolt knob. it clears my scope and sits nice with my stock. my only gripe is the price seems a touch high. it is $28+shipping right now but I can understand a small company and R&D adds a few dollars to the product. that said, if i had 10 700's, i would have 10 bolt knobs from these guys. the other option is $100 per and a gun that is MIA for a few days. Huge thumbs up Justin.
    Last edited by highbury; 12-22-10 at 19:03.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Highbury! Glad to hear it's working out well for you! Maybe we shouldn't have done the macro photos, haha.
    Justin
    Last edited by Massoud; 12-23-10 at 11:03.

Feedback Score
    Looks pretty slick. My friend made something similar out of steel a few years ago for his target rifles for benchrest competition. They are nice to have. He just machine the inside for a perfect fit to the stock handle and welded the halves together.
    I'm an FFL/gunsmith, not the holster company. We specialize in subsonic ammunition and wholesale rifles.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Again I have not tried one of these. My sticks have Badger, AZ Precision, KMW and Pacific Tool bolt knobs on them. The one thing I can say is that in no way can you even comment on the price being high. At $28 the price is more than fair and a great value. If you dont like it throw it away and dont look back. You will spend a lot more on any of the other options, be without your rifle for a while seeing as you have to send your bolt off to have the work done and may even have to apply a finish.

It will cost you more just to ship and insure your bolt to a smith.

Feedback Score
    i agree with you totally, crossgun. its not that i am unhappy about it being $28. If i was, i would not have bought one. i stated that i understand the pricing. R&D, tooling, business expenses, and supply and demand all factor in. like i said before. if i had 10 700's, i'd have 10 bolt knobs from KRG.

side note: i used it again during a session yesterday and after several rounds were shot, it's not loosened up. i know it's not long term test but still huge A+ to the KRG team.

Feedback Score
    I just ordered one for my 5R. I'll post up my thoughts after a precision rifle class in the spring.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys! Looking forward to any reviews and ideas for improvement! Let me know if any issues come up.
    Justin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast