Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remingtons response to CNBC

Feedback Score

Remingtons response to CNBC

Go to www.remington700.tv i found the website very informative
    Last edited by MFFI286; 10-21-10 at 17:22.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was just about to start a thread about this.

What is going on? Is MSNBC going after the M700?

Why?

I can't think of a more benign rifle.....
    Last edited by Cobra66; 10-21-10 at 20:01.
    “The ruling class doesn’t care about public safety. Having made it very difficult for States and localities to police themselves, having left ordinary citizens with no choice but to protect themselves as best they can, they now try to take our guns away. In fact they blame us and our guns for crime. This is so wrong that it cannot be an honest mistake.” – former U.S. Sen. Malcolm Wallop (R-Wy.)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Could someone fill a brother in? I have no idea what's going on. The link does not work well on a blackberry!
    "Oh, its a wonderful day! My sun is shining, my birds are chirping, my humongous chicken defeated Elmo." Huxley

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Something about "unexpected discharges" of the M700

link: http://www.cnbc.com/id/39554936/

Preview: http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1613835236&play=1
    Last edited by C45P312; 10-21-10 at 20:09.

Feedback Score
    i really have no idea, but if forced to speculate wildly, i'd say that remington's response to a CNBC report that a couple dozen people have been killed and hundreds injured over the past 60 years by a faulty trigger mechanism, is to hire a PR company out of OK to send a bunch of one-post-wonders around spamming all the gun boards on the internet with a link to their flash-heavy damage-control website.

i guess we'll see soon enough if their response is received more or less warmly than zumbo's

I own three 700s, and would rather remington remained in business, but if the accusations are true, they deserve the same treatment bridgestone/firestone, BP and others got for putting profit over safety.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    i really have no idea, but if forced to speculate wildly, i'd say that remington's response to a CNBC report that a couple dozen people have been killed and hundreds injured over the past 60 years by a faulty trigger mechanism, is to hire a PR company out of OK to send a bunch of one-post-wonders around spamming all the gun boards on the internet with a link to their flash-heavy damage-control website.
    Doh!!! Good catch. I didn't see that on my phone. That pisses me off. Bloody weasels.
    "Oh, its a wonderful day! My sun is shining, my birds are chirping, my humongous chicken defeated Elmo." Huxley

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Note to self: "Don't unload rifle while pointing it at another human being."
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Well, there are two things that leap right out, here.

1. Known problem, albeit rare, pry should've been taken care of by Remington.

2. Guess what, assholes, what part of not flagging other people with your muzzle, especially when putting the "kill pill" in the chamber, do you not understand?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

On and on

This 700 trigger/safety thing has been going on for years. Keep your gun clean, your muzzle in a safe direction and dont grind/mess on the trigger.

I have seen "3" 700 triggers go bang on the range. Each was after the shooter chambered a round, placed the saftey in the back or saftey position.

The shooter then forgets to release the saftey and starts to press the trigger with enough pressure/force to set the trigger just back/aft slightly.

The shooter remembers the safety is engaged, slips the saftey forward and the gun goes boom.
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 10-22-10 at 10:42.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are replacement triggers such as a Jewell susceptible to this issue, or is it just the factory Remington ones?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast