Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: REVIEW: LAR Grizzly OPS-4 Upper Receiver

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 702Shooter View Post
    2 reasons for that:

2: Staking is typically so you can not remove the gas key. A bit of loctite does the same job but not as permanently. We did not stake the gas key with the upgrade either because we gave this rifle away and the person who won it may want to reconfigure things.
    I saw one of these complete guns in my shop earlier this week under evaluation for an LE agency. I think they are fine for casual use, but the sample we had here lacks some important details to be considered for serious applications.

Staking is done to keep the carrier key screws from backing out and maintain the seal between the key and the bolt carrier, which is pretty important in that it enables the gun to function correctly. The T&E rifle here was not staked.
    Last edited by Steve_Morrison; 12-24-10 at 16:15.

Feedback Score
    It looks pretty neat to me i might have to pick one up and try it out. I with the CH had a better way to be removed then screwed in. Have when you fire it how close does it get to your face when you shoot nose to CH?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    To the OP.

Why defend the product? Do you have anything invested in this or are your responses based on emotional attachment?

The simple FACT here is that a non staked gas key is sub par.

The bolt knob being held on by BLUE locktite which will break down via the heat of operation is also unsatisfactory.

Perhaps rockset would be a better alternative in that location but i would rather not have to apply a thread locking compound each and every time i decide to take down the gun.

As is, a current AR15 can be taken apart with nothing more than a bullet tip to fix element induced malfunctions such as a popped primer in your FCG.

This item can be taken apart but not put back in its "fighting" condition without the use of tools and threadlocking compound. This is a hobby gun and it might be an excellent hobby gun at that but trying to portray this as a fighting gun or a good quality self defense firearm is a losing battle. I am referring to your statement about Las Vegas PD and their supposed purchase of 300 rifles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    I did look at the videos on your website.

There is some good thinking in this. The dual-sided version does not interest me simply because it exposes too much area to the intrusion of debris. I like the sand cuts, however.

I think the idea has some potential but needs that extra 10% of attention to address some murphy-proofing issues in order to take it beyond the competetion arena.
    I'm sure all your negative comments have value to someone out there. If you don't like the LAR OPS-4 then just move on.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ4777 View Post
    I'm sure all your negative comments have value to someone out there. If you don't like the LAR OPS-4 then just move on.
    If the best you can do is dredge up a two year old thread to make a utterly useless, snarky comment with zero content value for your second post on this forum, I suspect I will not be the one of us doing the moving on thing.

If my criticisms are not valid, then try explaining why instead of drive-by snark on a necropost. All you are doing is stirring up the beehive again.

Did I crap on your favorite upper or something? I am sorry if my calling it a gamer piece (and correctly so) failed to validate your purchase.
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 08-24-12 at 20:05.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    Just found and purchased one of these uppers left side charging. I was very excited. It's my first build, but after looking at multiple examples mine is different in a few ways and was curious if it may be a fake, only example I could find was a IMG_1366.jpgIMG_1366.jpgomega manufacturing, or is it just a variation early or late production. The areas of concern are starting with the right side of bcg, 4 holes plus one for charging handle all examples only had 2 plus charging handle hole, and shape of charging handle itself and of gas screw were charging handle would go are different. Also, has silver gas block screws instead of the normal black. Any information is appreciated thanks.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Nice. You have now secured a spot for Necropost 2018 Awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Cessnacit View Post
    Just found and purchased one of these uppers left side charging. I was very excited. It's my first build, but after looking at multiple examples mine is different in a few ways and was curious if it may be a fake, only example I could find was a IMG_1366.jpgIMG_1366.jpgomega manufacturing, or is it just a variation early or late production. The areas of concern are starting with the right side of bcg, 4 holes plus one for charging handle all examples only had 2 plus charging handle hole, and shape of charging handle itself and of gas screw were charging handle would go are different. Also, has silver gas block screws instead of the normal black. Any information is appreciated thanks.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Nice. You have now secured a spot for Necropost 2018 Awards.
    Third place.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123