Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt Law Enforcement Carbine

Feedback Score

Colt Law Enforcement Carbine

Hey guys, what do I have here? It’s a Colt Law Enforcement Carbine with what I assume is a pinned/ welded flash hider, but it doesn’t have flats where one can screw it off after cutting the pin. No worries about legality. I’m a Type7/ Class2. I’ve seen many Commandos, but I haven’t seen this muzzle configuration before. They’ve all had A2 flash hiders.

Thanks,
    Brad

D8774987-C540-443C-BE71-CCD764433240.jpg

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I am drawing a blank but some of the retro guys will chime in with the answer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Isnt that a flash hider from a Colt XM177E1?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 10-24-19 at 19:01.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Last edited by Brad737; 10-24-19 at 19:22.

Feedback Score
    I don’t think so. I believe it’s too long, with no markings.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Isnt that a flash hider from a Colt XM177E1?

Feedback Score
    It looks like the one on the left, but it’s 2” longer. I’m stumped. It’s definitely an 11.5” barrel lurking under there. And I can see the flash hider is hollow. But it’s the cleanest pin and weld I’ve ever seen. I can’t find ANY trace of where the pin may be.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad737 View Post
    It looks like the one on the left, but it’s 2” longer. I’m stumped. It’s definitely an 11.5” barrel lurking under there. And I can see the flash hider is hollow. But it’s the cleanest pin and weld I’ve ever seen. I can’t find ANY trace of where the pin may be.
    Here you go> https://www.gunbroker.com/item/835660886 5 1/2" long without wrench flats. No trace of weld? It could be high temp brazed on. Is there a crush washer visible?

Feedback Score
    No evidence of brazing is visible. No crush washer. I’m starting to believe the police department this came from replaced the barrel on this one. The only marking I see is 5.56. None of the standard C MP 1/7 CL marks. Also, unlike the others from the lot, there is no F on the FSB. The upper receiver does have a C.

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Here you go> https://www.gunbroker.com/item/835660886 5 1/2" long without wrench flats. No trace of weld? It could be high temp brazed on. Is there a crush washer visible?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Barrel is not Colt.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast