Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dark Earth Paint?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Dark Earth Paint?

Does anyone know of a paint other than Duracoat that matches the Magpul Flat dark earth?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    brownells alumahyde II coyote. I dont have pics on me at the moment but it is a close match to FDE

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just examined an ACR at the shop that came with at least one matching PMag. It appeared to me to be of a different shade, more "yellowish" or coyote like the rifle than standard PMag. I would not get all wrapped up on matching shades. You can always "frost"" everything with the same shade of Duracoat or other finish if you really find it nescessary.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah I am just looking to match the barrel to the rest of the rifle.

Feedback Score
    Heck, I have seen 3 or 4 of the FN SCARs at gun shows and gun shops, and everyone that I laid eyes on seemed to have 3 different shades if flat dark earth on it.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy MSG View Post
    Heck, I have seen 3 or 4 of the FN SCARs at gun shows and gun shops, and everyone that I laid eyes on seemed to have 3 different shades if flat dark earth on it.
    I've only seen one but it had several shades of FDE too. I've used krylon it has worked well for me
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I have my upper Duracoated FDE and my lower Ceracoated FDE. On mine I can tell you that the Ceracoat matches better to the Magpul products than the Duracoat. I don't know if this helps but I can Take couple of pics if you want?

Feedback Score
    What's a good paint to paint plastic? Id like to paint my stock dark earth.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Krylon spray paint.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I'm telling you definetly the Ceracote matches way better than Duracoat..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast