Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
    This looks very nice, I'd love to snag one when the prices drop. Yikes the mags are pricey.
    They are working on 5 and 10 round polymer mags which should be a lot cheaper.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Doesn't the M77 use a tang safety? I haven't shot one in years but I'm almost positive that gun had a tang safety.

No the tang safety went away years ago. They use a three position safety now. All the was back the weapon is on safe and action is locked. In the middle it is on safe but the action can be manipulated. All the way forward is fire.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Is one able to load the magazine through the action's port? Given that the magazine is a single feed position style, I'm guessing that one will have to remove the magazine and slip rounds in like loading a pistol mag. If so, this will make it impossible to do the "shoot one, load one" method of keeping the rifle topped off.

Rosco

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I think this thread just cost me $1500! I've wanted a Scout rifle for years. Growing up reading Cooper articles planted the seed long ago. The Steyer is a sweet gun but more money than I have been willing to spend. I liked the intergrated spare magazine in the stock the best. I imagine there will be some folks which will spring up offering mods to this gun. I would rather have an 18" bbl and ditch the goofy flash suppressor. I sold my last bolt gun a few years ago. There is a hole in my collection for one to add to the little .22's.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Last edited by tracker722; 10-24-11 at 17:14.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That's a slick little carbine, Ruger may get some more of my money after all. Agree with the goofy flash suppressor, BABC for that one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    That's a slick little carbine, Ruger may get some more of my money after all. Agree with the goofy flash suppressor, BABC for that one.
    I like the AC556-style flash hider. Adds a distinctive Ruger look.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I like the AC556-style flash hider. Adds a distinctive Ruger look.
    Yeah from Bill's tenure, time to move on.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by carbinero View Post
    O.K., down to brass tacks. If it's under $750, it'll be a huge winner. But I think they'll charge at least $100 more, and for that people will think hard about a semi-auto.

This will still sell for $850. IMO, it fills a void. IF, and its a big IF, a large social/economic collapse happens/EMP, Id rather look like just one of the random local hunters with a Bolt Gun to anyone who is "looking", than wander around with a Chest Rig, 10 30rd mags and a AR.

Being seen with a "Assault Weapon" draws to much attention in that kind of situation. This rifle wont. It just looks like the average hunting rifle.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    This is a segment/niche gun which has to compete price-wise with the R700 AAC on one side and DPMS 308 on the other. I think having a full length rail like what XS is going to offer would have been better out of the box, as this would attract more guys who want a normal eye relief scope. Since it has the extra length of a muzzle device, maybe the 16.5" is a better starting point, but I still think 18 is better. As offered, it is a short range rifle. With full length rail and 18" barrel, it greatly extends into the target/hunting market. Rifle dollars for survivalists go more toward semiauto platforms. The majority of the rest is for target/hunting. So although I think it will sell, it would sell much better with those 2 changes. It has lots of great components (irons, AI mags, DIY stock pads), and I hope they sell like crazy. I'd consider buying a used one for $600.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast