Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    Damn, I have a LH rifle arriving this week and had already ordered 2 AI mags and 2 Ruger 3 rounders. I hope I can make them work with a little file or dremel work.
    the issues is just with the Alpha Mags in LH rifles.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Mine are from Alpha Industries. Are there 2 different Alpha's? I have the mags and gun shows arriving today so I'll know soon.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Mine are from Alpha Industries. Are there 2 different Alpha's? I have the mags and gun shows arriving today so I'll know soon.
    Sorry when you said AI, I was thinking Accuracy International not Alpha Industries.

Technically speaking yes there are 2 different mags that Alpha Industries makes that fit the RGS but it's the internal lenght of the magazine that makes the differnce (longer bullets to get closer to the rifling). But the feed lip are the same on both types of magazine. I had to notch out a small section on the back of the right feed lip because the ejector wanted to share the same space. Once that was done it all works.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsmwd View Post
    Sorry when you said AI, I was thinking Accuracy International not Alpha Industries.

Technically speaking yes there are 2 different mags that Alpha Industries makes that fit the RGS but it's the internal lenght of the magazine that makes the differnce (longer bullets to get closer to the rifling). But the feed lip are the same on both types of magazine. I had to notch out a small section on the back of the right feed lip because the ejector wanted to share the same space. Once that was done it all works.
    Thanks for the clarification. I'll look it over and work it over if needed. Did you use a file, dremel, or something else?
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the clarification. I'll look it over and work it over if needed. Did you use a file, dremel, or something else?
    I used a dremel for the basic first cut and a file to fit the rest. I also used a Sharpy (fine point) to mark the area that needs to be cut. The heat treatment on the magazine is very mild and the feed lips will bend easily. Push the back of the feed lip in towards the center of the body and then mark the where the ejector hit the feed lip with the magazine in the rifle. Remove the bolt first so it does not get in the way.

Feedback Score
    Last Picture

I have to sell this rifle
    It's listed on the equipment exchange.

Feedback Score
    First class picture, the selection of the background really sets off the finish of the wood.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serlo II View Post
    Last Picture

what rail/rings are those?

Feedback Score
    XS GSR rail with tiny emergency peep sight in rear with badger ordinance rings.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serlo II View Post
    Last Picture

Nice Rig

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast