My ammo came in the mail very quickly, which is thanks to Cheaperthandirts.com's fast shipping.

I ordered 4 different kinds of ammo, and what sucks is that most of it is dirty and sticky to a slight degree.

If i take an old T-shirt or dry paper towel and wipe the rounds down for a minute or two, there is always a grayish black residue that comes off of the rounds.

Now i would understand if it was some kind of lube, but the residue is often a bit sticky, and after polishing the rounds for a minute or two, the rounds feel dry and slippery like dry smooth metal surfaces should.

I'm worried that if i don't clean each round, i will either end up with jams or other malfunctions.

Most of the ammunition is also very discolored with what looks like very old brass. The brass casings always seem to be worn and discolored around the neck of the cartridge.

Is it safe to shoot dirty looking discolored ammo from my AR? Some of the rounds have little black spots and other marks that look like little dirt specs.

All the ammo is mil surplus 5.56 for my AR

I just wanna know that it's safe to shoot this discolored dirty ammo. It sucks having to sit here wiping black and gray residue off of 500 rounds or so.

Not sure what to do.