Thread: ar 15 checklist

Feedback Score

ar 15 checklist

Does anyone have a checklist that they use when they are inspecting there rifles?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kgj1119 View Post
    Does anyone have a checklist that they use when they are inspecting there rifles?

One of the best things you can do is keep a log book of rounds fired. This will tell when you should do PM's on your springs and look to change out bolts.

There are ways you can tell if you need to change springs out as well.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    One of the best things you can do is keep a log book of rounds fired. This will tell when you should do PM's on your springs and look to change out bolts.

There are ways you can tell if you need to change springs out as well.
    C4
    Such as..?

I dont keep a round count, what other ways can I tell if need some good ole' PM?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dialM4murder View Post
    Such as..?

I dont keep a round count, what other ways can I tell if need some good ole' PM?

You can measure the buffer spring to see if it meets the spec. Another way to test the buffer spring is to take a 30rd mag and load it to capacity. Lock the bolt back and insert the mag. Hit the bolt release and see if it strips a round off the mag. Also make sure that the lugs fully locked. If so, then your spring is most likely GTG.

To test the extractor. I simply use my finger and see if I can easily move it. If you have ever felt the difference between a worn out extractor (or one with a blue insert and 4 coil spring) and an extractor with a 5 coil, CS spring and a black insert, you know when it is worn out.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 08-19-07 at 18:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    You can measure the buffer spring to see if it meets the spec. Another way to test the buffer spring is to take a 30rd mag and load it to capacity. Lock the bolt back and insert the mag. Hit the bolt release and see if it strips a round off the mag. Also make sure that the lugs fully locked. If so, then your spring is most likely GTG.

To test the extractor. I simply use my finger and see if I can easily move it. If you have ever felt the difference between a worn out extractor (or one with a blue insert and 4 coil spring) and an extractor with a 5 coil, CS spring and a black insert, you know when it is worn out.

C4
    Thanks.