Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viper PST's about to ship

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Viper PST's about to ship

From Snipers Hide:

"Vortex Viper PST Riflescopes

***Vortex Viper PST Riflescope Update***12-21-2010

Vortex is excited to announce that they are preparing to ship some of the long-awaited Viper PST riflescopes beginning the last week of December.

Although this first shipment will consist of mainly 1-4x24 models, small amounts of other configurations will be shipped out also. Vortex expects the variety of available models to quickly ramp up over the next few weeks—and to have a steady stream throughout the new year."

Feedback Score
    Yeah - I've been following this on the Hide. My back-ordered 1-4 PST at SWFA is now showing "complete" but unbilled (whatever that means). Hopefully it will be headed my way shortly.

Feedback Score
    Just got off the phone with SWFA - PSTs are not yet in hand. They indicate Vortex is shipping this week and they (SWFA) anticipate some orders will go out next week.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Still holding out on the 1x4 PST until someone posts an illuminated reticule pic in daylight.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Singlestack Wonder View Post
    Still holding out on the 1x4 PST until someone posts an illuminated reticule pic in daylight.
    Trust me, you'll be impressed with it. I've seen them first hand and for the price point they are awesome.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Anyone know where is made-in?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I read somewhere that it's made in Japan. In regards to the reticule, I am interested in seeing on before purchasing. I understand that the circle/dot is the primary illuminated objects but the stadia lines are illuminated as well. Looking to see how the circle/dot and stadia lines contrast with each other. I'd rather have an option for illuminating only the circle/dot or the circle/dot and stadia lines.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skang View Post
    Anyone know where is made-in?
    ==============================

I read the Razor line was made in Japan and I think the Viper line was made in the ... Philippines...I think.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Cannot decide between moa & milrad based reticles. Have gotten used to compensating for bullet drop with my t1 micro using inches/moa. Is it worth getting into milrads for this scope? Not planning on getting any long range weapons or high magnification mildot/milrad scopes. Another consideration is moa version has 0.5 inch/100 yards per click turrets while milrad version has 0.72 inch/100 yards per click turrets.
    Scope will go on noveske 16" recce low pro, and will be used for shooting at ranges greater than 100 yards, and possibly comperition. Gun will continue to wear t1 micro for hd & classes
    Any advice or recommendations?
    Thanks in advance,
    mark

Feedback Score
    Mil or MOA is the "new" age- old question. Truth is (IMO) it does not matter, especially for mid range scopes. MOA is related to inches (almost), but Mil ranging can be in inches/yards as well - not just metric.

I went with the MOA PST because that's how my NF 2.5-10 is setup, plus I have a little experience using ballistics software for same.

Snipers Hide is a good source and there are numerous informative threads on the subject. Use the external search function below for best results (the internal search function sucks):
    http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=01...x5qqy10o&hl=en
    Last edited by shootist~; 12-30-10 at 21:25.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast