Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa M four-22 Upper??? Anyone tried one?

Feedback Score

Chiappa M four-22 Upper??? Anyone tried one?

Found a sweet deal on this dedicated 22LR Upper ($289 w/ 2 mags)

Same manufacturer as the crazy Chiappa revolvers...

I'm lookking for an inexpensive (but reliable) 22LR upper for low-buck practice.

JeffWard

Feedback Score
    Do yourself a favor and save up some more $$$ and get yourself a CMMG. I had a Chiappa and had feed issues. I sold it, purchased a CMMG barrel, CMMG bolt, and CMMG anti-jam charging handle direct from CMMG. I used a stripped upper that I had lying around and purchased the forearm of my choice and assembled.

The quality difference isn't even close. CMMG is X1000 better than Chiappa.

Just make sure you have a strong hammer spring! This goes for pretty much any lower you're using for a dedicated .22 upper.

Feedback Score
    My bolt failed after 800 rounds. I received no response from Chiappa regarding an RA#. So, I contacted American Tactical and they mentioned some issues with a c-clip and that Chiappa has a 3rd version that supposedly fixes the issue. American Tactical contacted Chiappa and American Tactical obtained a bolt for me.
    So Chiappa's customer service seems non-existent. But I'll give credit to American Tactical Imports for resolving the issue.
    I only hope that Chiappa has the bolt issue resolved.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Get a CMMG and be happy with your purchase.
    Dave
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    I had the same issue with the c-clip on the bolt. It doesn't even look like a clip was installed in mine after inspecting after the failure. Looks like whoever built the bolt just sanded down the guide rod and jammed it into place. I haven't had a chance to contact Chiappa about it.

How much did the replacement bolt run from American Tactical? When I contacted them originally, they said that they didn't have enough to sell me one by itself so I haven't gone any farther with it.

Street corners, but I move from time to time, pushing my cart to different locations
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
    Get a CMMG and be happy with your purchase.
    Dave
    What he said!

Feedback Score
    Chiappa is made in Italy. It's imported and sold to you by the same people who manufacture the ultra-reliable Hi-Point line of firearms. Guess that might be part of your customer service issue?

Keep looking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I'm reminded of my lefthandedness every time I shoot a belt-fed with short sleeves on.

Feedback Score
    I have had nothing but problems with the hi point I bought years ago. If this is the same company, avoid it like the plague

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanson77 View Post
    I had the same issue with the c-clip on the bolt. It doesn't even look like a clip was installed in mine after inspecting after the failure. Looks like whoever built the bolt just sanded down the guide rod and jammed it into place. I haven't had a chance to contact Chiappa about it.

How much did the replacement bolt run from American Tactical? When I contacted them originally, they said that they didn't have enough to sell me one by itself so I haven't gone any farther with it.
    No charge for the replacement bolt. Chris at American Tactical helped me out. It took them a couple of weeks to track one down.

It looks like Chiappa redesigned the block that the guide rod mount to. Instead of a solid block it looks like it is split. But, the guide rod still looks like it is either screwed or jammed into the rear part of the block.

Good luck dealing with Chiappa directly. They never returned my online RA request or a number of emails.

I haven't had a chance to fire any rounds with the replacement bolt. I will probably get a chance in a couple of weeks. But, I do have an eye on the CMMG barrel conversion since I have an extra upper laying around it case the Chiappa part fails again.

Feedback Score
    If the Chiappa upper is made anything like their .22 1911's...it's a POS. Based on that, I'd never buy anything from them. And no, you'll never get ahold of Chiappa for warranty issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast